logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bob Rambli  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 11:45:38 PM(UTC)
Bob Rambli

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi everyone, Started using RMO 3.0 very recently after hearing about Rahul’s webinar, I personally think it's a great tool that creates simplicity to read the charts so we can focus on executing rule-based trading (3D buy/sell). However, so far, the results/outcome has been mixed for me. I scoured the internet for any answers on how to improve the outcome and I found a thread in MetaStock community that was posted 14 years back. Hence I thought of creating a new thread to update the knowledge so we could benefit from each other. So, instead, I would like to leverage on MetaStock community, to share any tips if there are additional filters that you all use for RMO to further enhance the outcome and result of trades. I am an FX small-time trader by the way and I appreciate all the thoughts and valuable feedback.

Edited by user Friday, March 26, 2021 4:11:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bob Rambli  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 8:22:52 AM(UTC)
Bob Rambli

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi everyone,

Just to share my new approach to RMO, just so that you all can have your comments on it. The 3D Buy and Sell is actually the first qualifier for RMO, but it's not a definite entry yet to me.

This is my improvisation on the rule for 3D Buy and Sell:

1. First identify the 3D buy and sell rule. However, I made the mistake, by also looking at the previous long-term ribbon to validate the 3D rule. What I meant is that the synchronization of the 3D rule is all there and it is just waiting for the previous high to be broken. However, the long-term trend, the ribbon below, changed to the opposite. I now practice that if there is a NEW long-term trend, then it will invalidate the initial 3D rule and we have to look for a new synchronization of the rule.

2. After I verified (1), next I go and view the 3 upper timeframes. So if I am using H1, I will go and see the H4 and Daily timeframe. I know that Rahul mentioned in his video that there is no need for this extra validation, but there were many times that the 3D rule was present, yet I still end up on the losing side. So what I look for in the H4 time frame, for instance, if I am going long, is a confirmation of a blue arrow (medium-term trend) in the H4 and then in the Daily chart, I will look at the long term trend (the ribbon), which I need to also be in a bullish trend.

There you go guys, these are my extra filters to confirm my trades. I adopt the 3D rule and I also do an extra confirmation at the higher timeframes. I don't know if this makes sense or not, because probably going at the higher timeframes is not necessary since the RMO has already embedded within its system, the short, medium, and long term trend by just referring to 1 timeframe. Maybe you guys have better tips than this, that we can combine for example MACD or other indicators as an entry confirmation.

Lastly, for an exit strategy, my approach is that I always look for a maximum of 5 add ons (retracement); so if I am buying, I will look at 5 short-term red arrows and exit at the last fifth arrow.

Edited by user Friday, March 26, 2021 8:27:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified