logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
markminer  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2021 11:41:13 AM(UTC)
markminer

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Abcourt announces the re-start of mining activities at the elder mine and the re-opening of the sleeping giant mill

Abcourt Mines Inc. (TSX-V: ABI, Berlin: AML-BE and Frankfurt Stock Exchanges: AML-FF) (“Abcourt” or the “Mines Abcourt inc.) is pleased to announce the re-start of mining activities at the Elder mine following the addition of mines by the Quebec government to the priority list of services. The Sleeping Giant mill will be re-opened early next week.

We have prepared a management plan for sanitary measures according to the interim recommendations of prevention measures concerning the exploitation of mines by the National Institute of public health. Following a first call-back to work, 75% of miners came in yesterday. We believe that those absent will come when they learn that the mine is open and that all sanitary recommendations are respected. The re-start of mining operations will enable us to profit from the important increase in the price of gold in recent weeks

ABOUT ABCOURT MINES INC.

Abcourt Mines Inc. is a gold producer and a Canadian exploration company with strategically located properties in northwestern Quebec, Canada. The Elder property has gold resources (2018) and a positive P.E.A. study (2012). Abcourt is focusing on the exploitation of the Elder mine.

The Abcourt-Barvue property has silver–zinc reserves (2019). A feasibility study was completed in 2007 by Roche / Genivar. An update was completed in January 2019. A total of 8.07 M tonnes of proven and probable reserves with a grade of 51.79 g/t of silver and 2.83 % zinc are available to be mined. About 81.6 % of the tonnes are mineable by open pit and 18.4 % will be mined underground. The infered resources total 2.07 M tonnes with a grade of 114.16 g/t of silver and 2.89 % zinc.

In 2016, Abcourt acquired the Sleeping Giant mine and mill, located half-way between Amos and Matagami, in Abitibi, Quebec, in the territory covered by the Plan Nord of the Quebec government. The mill has a capacity of 700 to 750 tonnes per day. A NI 43-101 resource estimate was first completed. A feasibility study was recently completed and most of the resources were converted to proven and probable reserves. A surface drilling program is planned.

To know more about Abcourt Mines Inc. (TSXV: ABI), please visit our web site at www.abcourt.com and consult our filings under Abcourt’s profile on www.sedar.com. This press release was prepared by Mr. Renaud Hinse, Engineer and President of Abcourt Mines Inc. Mr. Hinse is a “Qualified Persons” under the terms of Regulation 43-101. Mr. Hinse has approved the scientific and technical disclosure.

Please see full press release here.