logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wangchi86  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 2:17:35 PM(UTC)
wangchi86

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

I recently encountered a counter that had data truncated, instead of having prices starting from IPO date. This was despite selecting the option of "Load maximum records".

I only realised after opening their charts on Yahoo, and the stock prices were truncated till after stock splits. This is my first time experiencing something like this.

Is this unusual, or does MetaStock do a periodic adjustment of stock prices to incorporate stock splits?

Edited by user Tuesday, November 24, 2020 3:14:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 3:40:17 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: wangchi86 Go to Quoted Post

I recently encountered a counter that had data truncated, instead of having prices starting from IPO date. This was despite selecting the option of "Load maximum records".

I only realised after opening their charts on Yahoo, and the stock prices were truncated till after stock splits. This is my first time experiencing something like this.

Is this unusual, or does MetaStock do a periodic adjustment of stock prices to incorporate stock splits?

Hi,

I recommend contacting our support department directly for issues concerning accuracy of data. Contact methods can be found at https://www.metastock.com/company/contact.aspx

Historical data should not be removed as a consequence of split adjustments. What ticker symbol are you looking at?

wangchi86  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 11:52:33 PM(UTC)
wangchi86

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

Originally Posted by: MS Support Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

I recommend contacting our support department directly for issues concerning accuracy of data. Contact methods can be found at https://www.metastock.com/company/contact.aspx

Historical data should not be removed as a consequence of split adjustments. What ticker symbol are you looking at?

The ticker symbols I encountered data truncation were MTCH.O and AMCR.K. For MTCH.O, I believe it could be because of stock splits. For AMCR.K, I am not sure what was the reason for the data truncation. Yahoo had data since Jul 2014 for AMCR.K but liquidity was low till Jun 2019.

Will check with the support department regarding these instances.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 24, 2020 11:53:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 5:12:34 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MS Support Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

The ticker symbols I encountered data truncation were MTCH.O and AMCR.K. For MTCH.O, I believe it could be because of stock splits. For AMCR.K, I am not sure what was the reason for the data truncation. Yahoo had data since Jul 2014 for AMCR.K but liquidity was low till Jun 2019.

Will check with the support department regarding these instances.

Thank you for the references. It appears in both cases this may have more to do with restructuring the companies. For example, while Match was founded in 1993, Match Group (MTCH.O) had an IPO in 2015. - https://match.mediaroom.com/2015-11-18-Match-Group-Announces-Pricing-of-Initial-Public-Offering

With Amcor (AMCR.K) it became Amcor plc in 2019, it looks like due to an acquisition of Bemis in - https://www.amcor.com/media/news/amcor-completes-acquisition-of-bemis

I do not know all the details on these companies but this seems to be the typical way Refinitiv handles price data history. Data from the previous company is removed.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 25, 2020 5:24:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified