logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Intratekram  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:10:17 PM(UTC)
Intratekram

Groups: Subscribers, Unverified Users

So I am trying to do searches for OTC and pink Sheets stocks that are not listed at exchanges and I am finding they are not included in the data feed. I am searching for small blockchain companies like the following: BRSE, BTSC, BTCS, INTV, UBIA, BITCF, DIGAF, PRELF, BKLLF,  BLKCF, GAHC, MGTI, CCTL, CINGF.

Does anyone know where and how I can buy these data feeds? I have been to the Reuters website and it doesn't look straightforward. I talked to MetaStock support and they pointed out that they have "OTC bulletin Board" and "OTC Pink Sheet" data feed lists under -Public Lists - Equities North America in the Power Console on the left.

I went ahead and added those two lists only, but I still can't find charts for these types of companies. 

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 5:10:19 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Intratekram Go to Quoted Post

So I am trying to do searches for OTC and pink Sheets stocks that are not listed at exchanges and I am finding they are not included in the data feed. I am searching for small blockchain companies like the following: BRSE, BTSC, BTCS, INTV, UBIA, BITCF, DIGAF, PRELF, BKLLF,  BLKCF, GAHC, MGTI, CCTL, CINGF.

Does anyone know where and how I can buy these data feeds? I have been to the Reuters website and it doesn't look straightforward. I talked to MetaStock support and they pointed out that they have "OTC bulletin Board" and "OTC Pink Sheet" data feed lists under -Public Lists - Equities North America in the Power Console on the left.

I went ahead and added those two lists only, but I still can't find charts for these types of companies. 

Hello,

The most important step to do first is to ensure that you have the most up-to-date Instrument List in your MetaStock software. We update this file monthly (usually by the end of the first full week of the month). You can always check this file by going to https://www.metastock.com/customer/support/download/Symbols.aspx and then download the Instrument List Update Utility and run the file. You will want to restart MetaStock for this.

That said, as long as you know the proper symbol and suffix, you can manually type in a symbol in any Instrument field or add to a custom list. The Instrument Search is primarily for convenience. For example you can type in BRSE.PK, BTSC.PK, BTCS.PK, INTV.PK, UBIA.PK, BITCF.PK, DIGAF.PK, PRELF.PK, BKLLF.PK, BLKCF.PK, GAHC.PK, MGTI.PK, CCTL.PK, CINGF.PK into the Instrument(s) field at the top of the Power Console Chart section to open charts of these.

#3 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 7:43:23 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Fantastic, thanks for your help. I can pull up all the stocks when I use the .pk suffix. So glad to see that they are there. I have run the instrument list update utility several times and the stocks are not coming up automatically with just the symbol, but as long as I can just enter in the .pk form of the symbol, I am able access all of the data. Thanks for solving my issue.
MS Support  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 5:49:27 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
Fantastic, thanks for your help. I can pull up all the stocks when I use the .pk suffix. So glad to see that they are there. I have run the instrument list update utility several times and the stocks are not coming up automatically with just the symbol, but as long as I can just enter in the .pk form of the symbol, I am able access all of the data. Thanks for solving my issue.

Good to hear you were able to access the symbols manually. One way to ensure the instrument update succeeded is to click Help > About MetaStock within the software. There should be an "Instrument list revision" date which should show as December 2017.