logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sitereader  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 25, 2017 1:11:36 PM(UTC)
sitereader

Groups: Subscribers, Unverified Users

I purchase metastock DC with Datalink. I have access to 1 minute interval data in CSV format. Can I import this by using the convert function in Downloader in Metastock XV.

I saw the youtube video by Metastock and I successfully imported daily data from CSV into Metastock.

But 1 minute interval was refused. Is that final or have I made a mistake in the CSV field ordering.

My ordering example in CSV is given below.

Date,Open,High,Low,Close,Volume,Open Interest 20/11/2017 09:15:00,3209,3214.9,3200,3204.9,386,0

Edited by user Saturday, November 25, 2017 1:13:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added example of CSV ordering

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 10:45:50 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sitereader Go to Quoted Post

I purchase metastock DC with Datalink. I have access to 1 minute interval data in CSV format. Can I import this by using the convert function in Downloader in Metastock XV.

I saw the youtube video by Metastock and I successfully imported daily data from CSV into Metastock.

But 1 minute interval was refused. Is that final or have I made a mistake in the CSV field ordering.

My ordering example in CSV is given below.

Date,Open,High,Low,Close,Volume,Open Interest 20/11/2017 09:15:00,3209,3214.9,3200,3204.9,386,0

Hi,

MetaStock DC would not be able to use intraday data, including local intraday data. MetaStock RT would be required for this. Conversion would not be possible in either version (DC nor RT) but with RT you can at least link any Legacy/CSV intraday files you have into a MetaStock list for analysis.

Edited by user Thursday, November 30, 2017 10:40:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:20:39 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Hi, unfortunately this seems not to be the case. I upgraded from MS 9.0 Pro to Metastock15RT, but not getting the RT-version unless I ADDITIONALY subscribe to the RT data service. So no local intraday data without an additional subscription? Should one stay with 9.0 Pro, if you have local intraday data? I thought 15 would bring back local data... Roland
MS Support  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 10:39:28 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Originally Posted by: Guest Go to Quoted Post
Hi, unfortunately this seems not to be the case. I upgraded from MS 9.0 Pro to Metastock15RT, but not getting the RT-version unless I ADDITIONALY subscribe to the RT data service. So no local intraday data without an additional subscription? Should one stay with 9.0 Pro, if you have local intraday data? I thought 15 would bring back local data... Roland

Hi,

MetaStock 15 DC will not be able to see intraday data. You would need to have MetaStock 15 RT for this. MetaStock DC will not be able to display intraday files when you attempt to browse for them via a Custom Local List.

#5 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 12:10:43 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Originally Posted by: MS Support Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

MetaStock 15 DC will not be able to see intraday data. You would need to have MetaStock 15 RT for this. MetaStock DC will not be able to display intraday files when you attempt to browse for them via a Custom Local List.

Well, I HAVE MetaStock 15 RT - or as your sales are saying "you purchased RT and own it" - but still not getting it ?

I upgraded from MS 9.0 Pro to Metastock15RT, but not getting the RT-version unless I ADDITIONALY subscribe to the RT data service.

So no local intraday data (which I already own) without an additional subscription?

So should one stay with 9.0 Pro, if you have local intraday data?

I thought MS15 would bring back local data - I was so glad about this! - but ... seems not to be the case for RT ?

Roland

MS Support  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 6:16:45 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Originally Posted by: MS Support Go to Quoted Post

Hi,

Well, I HAVE MetaStock 15 RT - or as your sales are saying "you purchased RT and own it" - but still not getting it ?

I upgraded from MS 9.0 Pro to Metastock15RT, but not getting the RT-version unless I ADDITIONALY subscribe to the RT data service.

So no local intraday data (which I already own) without an additional subscription?

So should one stay with 9.0 Pro, if you have local intraday data?

I thought MS15 would bring back local data - I was so glad about this! - but ... seems not to be the case for RT ?

Roland

Hi Roland,

Sorry for any confusion regarding this. MetaStock 15 DC cannot view any form of Intraday interval. MetaStock 15 RT can view these local intraday files, but MetaStock 15 RT would also require a XENITH data subscription to operate. While you can use MetaStock 15 RT in an Offline Mode, it still requires an active data subscription to sign in periodically.

sitereader  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 1, 2017 6:35:19 PM(UTC)
sitereader

Groups: Subscribers, Unverified Users

Dear MS support, Thanks for the quick answer. Would you please suggest the following idea to Metastock management. As per Metastock policy, if a Metastock DC user does not subscribe to Datalink she has to pay a minimum annual maintenance charge. So isn't it fair to do the same for Metastock RT. If I purchase RT but not Xenith subscription then I will be happy to pay a nominal maintenance charge to Metastock. That way everyone is happy, the customer and Metastock. I would love to know more if this is not a workable solution.
MS Support  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 4:18:49 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Originally Posted by: sitereader Go to Quoted Post
Dear MS support, Thanks for the quick answer. Would you please suggest the following idea to Metastock management. As per Metastock policy, if a Metastock DC user does not subscribe to Datalink she has to pay a minimum annual maintenance charge. So isn't it fair to do the same for Metastock RT. If I purchase RT but not Xenith subscription then I will be happy to pay a nominal maintenance charge to Metastock. That way everyone is happy, the customer and Metastock. I would love to know more if this is not a workable solution.

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. There are currently some limitations (due to how permissioning works) that prevent this, but I  have written this up as an enhancement request for future consideration and brought it to the attention of product management.