logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
snoopy.pa30  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 7:43:01 PM(UTC)
snoopy.pa30

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I am working with the NEW Format data and trying to automate the download on my W7 machine using Autoit.  I have my Autoit Script that works everytime I watch the process, but the purpose of automation is so I don't have to. 

When I run the script manually, everything works fine.  When I put the machine to sleep and have Task Scheduler start the (same) autoit script, it does not work.

If I come to the PC and "Watch" it (wait for it to "Wake Up" and then move the mouse and click on the login, then the process works as if I launched the script manually - i.e.  IT WORKS.

If I don't "Watch" the process, it attempts to click on the Download button in the Download console window, but never gets to any further processing.

Anybody know what might be different between the Manual/Watch mode and the Wake Up modes?

Any ideas on how to get it to work?

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 9:00:04 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)

Hard to say where it might be failing, perhaps there is a delay before the machine is fully ready. However, it is probably much simpler to use the /express switch/argument on the end of calling DownLoader.exe in the task scheduler. This assumes you want to download the same folders/instruments that you downloaded previously.

Edited by user Thursday, April 6, 2017 9:01:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

snoopy.pa30  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 1:29:28 PM(UTC)
snoopy.pa30

Thanks for the /express suggestion. From a previous conversation with support, I was told it was not yet supported. The /express switch only PARTLY works. It opens up the downloader console, but the console only has time to partly check the files before the download begins. I end up getting 802 items downloaded out of over 7000 that I download manually. Is there a way to get the /express to "delay" starting the downloading until after the console has verified all the files to be downloaded? Hopefully you know of a parameter to add to get this to work properly. Thanks.
wabbit  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 1:55:32 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Have you tried writing a script that wakes the computer up, waits, executes the downloaded app (normal start), waits, commences an express download (use sendkeys to do this), waits and then sleeps?
MS Support  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 8:00:19 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Originally Posted by: snoopy.pa30 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the /express suggestion. From a previous conversation with support, I was told it was not yet supported. The /express switch only PARTLY works. It opens up the downloader console, but the console only has time to partly check the files before the download begins. I end up getting 802 items downloaded out of over 7000 that I download manually. Is there a way to get the /express to "delay" starting the downloading until after the console has verified all the files to be downloaded? Hopefully you know of a parameter to add to get this to work properly. Thanks.

Hi again,

Unfortunately it does look like there is a timing issue with larger repositories in regards to the express switch. I have written this issue up (I can't say when it will be fixed but we have the issue captured). Technically it is not a documented feature but I had hoped it would work for this problem. A sequence of wait states as wabbit mentioned might be the best solution.

wabbit  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 9:19:46 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)

Code:
Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

'waking up from a deep slumber WScript.Sleep 10000 'ten seconds

oShell.Run("""C:\Program Files\Equis\The DownLoader\Dlwin.exe""")

'wait for the program to load and complete initialisation WScript.Sleep 10000 'ten seconds

'send the instruction as keystrokes to start the express download oShell.AppActivate("The DownLoader") oShell.SendKeys "^e" 'Ctrl-E

Edited by user Saturday, April 15, 2017 9:39:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

snoopy.pa30  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:49:23 PM(UTC)
snoopy.pa30

Thanks Wabbit, I am running the AutoIT script to do almost exactly that. Task Scheduler Wakes the computer from Sleep mode, and starts the AutoIT script. AutoIT runs the master script that calls each sub part. The first part runs fine, but the part that calls the new downloader launches the program but does not respond to the mouse clicks. I will try the sending of the Control Character to see if that works. Thanks.
snoopy.pa30  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:53:56 PM(UTC)
snoopy.pa30

MS Support, In addition to fixing the "delay" issue with the /express, could you include that it would be appreciated if the New Downloader Console supported keyboard shortcuts. i.e.: Ctrl or Alt D to switch to the Download Screen Ctrl or Alt C to switch to the Convert Screen Ctrl or Alt L on the Download Screen to Launch (or run) the Download Ctrl or Alt V on the Convert Screen to Launch (or run) the Conversion This would allow "easier" automation through keyboard commands vs pixel locations of the buttons on the screen, that change with screen sizes and status (Restored size or Maximized). Thanks.
MS Support  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:55:54 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Sure, I will add an enhancement request for new DownLoader keyboard shortcuts. Thank you for the suggestion!

Also, while certainly not as useful as directly mapped shortcuts, you can technically use the Tab key (and arrow keys, etc) to highlight different parts of DownLoader Console.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:57:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

snoopy.pa30  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:57:32 PM(UTC)
snoopy.pa30

MS Support, It is certainly worth a try. Will have to see if the task manager launched process works with the Tabs. Thanks. Also, what is happening with the Formatting of Posts (Quick Reply)? I type it in with Carriage Returns/Enter key, but the post displays as one long paragraph.
MS Support  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:15:59 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Hi again,

There was a forum update recently.

Do you only have this problem in the Quick Reply section? You don't have access to the formatting controls in the Quick Reply, so perhaps that is having an impact on how the reply shows up. I will do some investigation in this, thank you!

Edit: It does appear the carriage return issue is limited to the Quickl Reply. I will pass this up to our IT team to look at.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:37:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MS Support  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:53:01 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Just a quick update on the Quick Reply. It does appear this is simply a limitation of the Quick Reply feature in the latest version of Yet Another Forum. I will raise this issue with their team, but unfortunately not sure there is anything we can do for this directly. Beyond this I would recommend using the Quote option to open the full-blown text editor to avoid this.
snoopy.pa30  
#13 Posted : Friday, April 28, 2017 2:14:37 PM(UTC)
snoopy.pa30

Thanks Support and Wabbit for your help and suggestions.

It turns out that it was all Microsoft.

Did some more research and although had all the settings set to avoid the Lock Screen, it kept coming up.  Went in and switched every setting off and then back on.  Then miraculously it started working.

Guess it just needed a kick in the pants to get going.

Thanks again for your help.

Issue now solved.

Snooopy :))