logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Douala  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2016 9:13:08 AM(UTC)
Douala

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers

Je viens de passer à Metastock XV et je rencontre des difficultés.

J"aimerais pouvoir échanger des idées avec des francophones.

Par exemple je n'arrive pas à afficher certains trackers Lyxor comme FINS.PA  - INDG.PA - LGRE.PA - LLDA.PA - LRUS.PA  - LTUR.PA LYMIB.PA et bien d'autres.

Je n'arrive pas à effectuer une exploration avec NCU BULL en Weekly . Toutes les valeurs sont rejetées avec le message : this formula is referencing as MSX DLL function.

Par contre je peux aider les utilisateurs qui utilisent Boursorama pour télécharger des données qui n'existent pas chez Reuters (par exemple certains OPCVM) et les utiliser avec Metastock XV en les convertissant.

J'en profite pour souhaiter à tous une bonne année.

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:13:33 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Salut, Êtes-vous difficile avec ces symboles lors de l'ouverture des cartes, ou seulement pendant les explorations? Est-ce que le problème que vous rencontrez avec Nonsons Candlesticks Unleashed est lié à ces symboles, ou le problème NCU affecte-t-il tous les symboles? Quel est le message d'erreur exact de la DLL? J'ai utilisé Google Translate pour cela, mais la version anglaise est répertoriée ci-dessous:
Hi, Are you having difficult with those symbols when opening charts, or only during explorations? Is the problem you are having with Nison's Candlesticks Unleashed related to these symbols, or does the NCU problem affect all symbols? What is the exact error message from the DLL? I used Google Translate for this but the English version is listed below:
Douala  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 7:20:14 PM(UTC)
Douala

The problèmre that I meet with these symbols are to open these values.  

When I go to with Downloder for crer a new securitt.  Downloder finds the value lbut  when I want download the data a message indicates to me " invalid download parameters specified for security.  

When I want to make an exploration with " NCU Bull " in Weekly all the values are rejected with as message " Error in colum A this formula is referencing an MSX DLL function do not exist midssing DLL NCU Bull'

MS Support  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 8:34:06 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Hi, Regarding DownLoader: 1. If you click Help > About in DownLoader or MetaStock, can you give me the version number you are using (i.e. 15.0.[censored]x)? 2. Did you create these securities using the Daily Interval? 3. Which version of Windows are you using (i.e. Windows 7, Windows 10)? 4. Have you ever changed the regional settings on your PC (i.e. changing the Region Format from French to English)? Regarding NCU exploration: 1. Does the problem only happen with Weekly scans (i.e. can you run NCU Bull on Daily)? 2. If you browse your PC to C:\Users\(Windows.Username)\AppData\Local\Thomson Reuters\MetaStock\15.0\Formulas\External Function DLLs do you have a NCU10.dll within it? (please note that the AppData folder is a Hidden folder)
Douala  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 4:22:36 PM(UTC)
Douala

1 Downloader.  The version of Downloder is 15-0-42-3.  
2 -  I create the data in Daily.  
3 -  Currently I am on a journey and I use a computer with Windows 7.   But my principal computer at the house has the same problems with the quoted symbols and it uses Windows 10.  
4 -  The parameters of area are:  France.  

2 NCU exploration.  
1 In Daily I encounter the same problems as N Weekly 
2 I do not have a NCU DLL;  I have only the DLL for Dynamic Trading Tools - LCI - PointFig - Simulation - Trade Tracker
MS Support  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 4:47:55 PM(UTC)
MS Support

NCU requires a DLL to function. If this is missing, you would need to reinstall the add-on. If using the CD version, you may need to browse to the CD through Windows, right-click on the Setup application and choose "Run as Administrator". NCU was also made into a downloadable version if it was purchased through us and you could reinstall it this way also. Regarding the Euronext - Paris stocks, is the "Use current date" box checked in your DownLoader? Do other symbols on the same exchange dowload successfully or are all stocks on this exchange failing with the error?
Douala  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2017 9:29:19 AM(UTC)
Douala

NCU.  
I solved the problem of missing NCU DLL thanks to your councils. 
I did not reinstall Metastoxk XV bus I feared that the problem persists because I have this same problem on my 2 computers. 
On the other hand I discovered while chechant who by AppllData - local - Thomson Reuters - 14 (aulieu of 15) formulated - external functions DLL which I had in this file NCU DLL and many other DLL that I do not have in 15.  
I made a copy of NCU DLL the this version 14 worms version 15 and apparently now exploration with NCU Bull is possible.  
I nevertheless ask you to indicate yourselves if they is normal that the result of NCU BULL rejects 99% of values?  
I ask you to indicate yourselves if I must copy all the DLL which I have in 14 towards 15?  
I would look at later the problem of the symbols.  
Thank you still for your assistance.  
MS Support  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2017 2:32:18 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Hi, It sounds like the MetaStock Migration Utility might not have been run after upgrading from version 14 to 15. If that is the case you might be missing both formulas and DLLs that you want. You can certainly Copy/Paste any missing DLLs from the 14.0\Formulas area to the 15.0\Formulas area and this should be OK, but you might also be missing formulas you need in which case you would want to either run the formula "Organizer" from within MetaStock, or try running the MetaStock Migration Utility again. Keep in mind that if you run the MetaStock Migration Utility, any changes you have made to duplicate formulas would be overwritten. In regards to the NCU methodology, the basic workflow (as I understand it) goes as follows: *Attach the SPY Global Market Monitor Expert Advisor to a chart of the SPY (apparently there are other indexes he recommends for other markets) to first determine if the market is Bullish, Bearish, or Neutral (via the Expert Commentary) *If the market is Neutral, then you would not consider any trades with NCU. *If the market is Bullish, then you would run the NCU - Bull exploration on the broader list of stocks *If the market is Bearish, then you would run the NCU - Bear exploration on the broader list of stocks Keep in mind that you want to pick an index that represents that actual stock market you want to scan. I believe his instructions mention some other indices that can be used with varying degrees of correlation to their respective markets.
Douala  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2017 5:59:51 PM(UTC)
Douala

I am well afraid which my research on NCU ends in a failure.   
After research NCU would function only for the US values.  
This assure me that Metastock offers much more interest for the USA than for Europeans.  Many formulas in particular the BM Nasdaq, BM NYSE, SectorsStat and maintaining the NCU do not function for Europeans.  The FCP and SICAV miss in the data bases.  
Here what read on http://www.candlecharts.com/old/help.html: 

QUESTION:  Does NCU work with Forex, Future, etc.? 
ANSWER:  NCU works with US stocks only, using end of day dated. 
MS Support  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2017 7:01:11 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Generally speaking you are correct. However, from the NCU manual: "World Market Price Correlation with US S&P Depository Receipts Trust (Ticker: SPY) Country Min Max Median* US 1.00 1.00 1.00 Canada 0.932 0.945 0.939 Germany 0.735 0.969 0.852 UK 0.805 0.903 0.854 Australia 0.775 0.899 0.837 France 0.743 0.902 0.823 Hong Kong 0.687 0.954 0.821 Japan 0.626 0.807 0.717 Italy 0.562 0.850 0.706 Singapore 0.551 0.813 0.682 * Correlation over 0.50 is considered “strong”; over 0.70 “very strong”, and over “0.90” almost perfect. The chart on the next page graphically illustrates the strong correlation between all of the major world equity markets."
So in other words it was designed with using SPY in mind, but the author found various correlations between the various global markets and SPY as described above.