logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jm0849  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2016 5:36:44 PM(UTC)
jm0849

Groups: Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Can MetaStock XV use COT data? How would the data be downloaded? How many data fields can be used - 5, 6, 7? TIA
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 2, 2016 4:27:18 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Hi, We basically have support for your typical price data fields: Date, Time, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume, Open Interest. MetaStock 15 supports reading external data in 3 different formats: New MetaStock format (referred to as MSLocal in the new DownLoader), old MetaStock format (referred to as Legacy in the new DownLoader), and CSV. CSV must only maintain the needed headers and data in order to work. We also validate the data, so if there are problems with the data logic (i.e. the High is less than the Close) we will not bring the data in to MetaStock. I do not know where you plan on getting the data from, but as long as the data meets the validation criteria and also can be put into one of the above formats, then you should be able to view this information in MetaStock XV. I would think the most common format would be to get the data in some sort of CSV format and they would likely have the Open, High, Low, Close fields all the same value, or they would provide a Close only value, etc.