logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
viking4020  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 5:55:10 AM(UTC)
viking4020

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

After doing an exploration I come up with a number of shares. When I view them they all have different indicators which I have used previously but I now have a new default template. How can I erase MS's old memory. I use MSv11.

Edited by user Friday, June 12, 2015 5:57:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mstt  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2015 10:03:17 AM(UTC)
mstt

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)

Hi viking

The first part of setting up a new default template is quite easy. All you need do is arrange any chart to look as you would wish the new default template to look. Once set up just as you want, right-click on an open area of chart and select "Save as Default Template" from the menu that appears.

The new default template replaces the old one, but what it does not do is change any of the existing charts created by the old template. What you need to do is delete all the old-template charts (stored in MSSmart folders under the respective data folders), or you can simply delete any or all MSSmart folders. As soon as you open a chart (after deleting existing MSSmart charts and/or folders) MetaStock will create a new MSSmart folder and a new smart chart (when you go to open that chart) using the new template to create the new smart chart.

If you don't delete the old smart charts then MetaStock will not use the new template, except for charts that have no existing smart chart image in the appropriate MSSmart folder.

Roy

Edited by user Friday, June 12, 2015 10:06:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked mstt for this useful post.
viking4020 on 6/12/2015(UTC)