logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fiorenzo  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 1:16:30 PM(UTC)
fiorenzo

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

When conductiong system testing on any security this error msg pops up. And it continues with: "It is possible that the database is not recognized by the application, or that the file is damaged

Build: 11.0

File: ST_RecordsetIterator.cpp
Line: 259
Error Type: 0
Error Code: 2

A clue I have is that the STDATA is too full (over 2.000.000 kb) because I cannot manage to clean the S.Test automatically through the sys. test., nor manually.

Thank you everyone.

Cheers,

Fiorenzo

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 9:11:06 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fiorenzo Go to Quoted Post

When conductiong system testing on any security this error msg pops up. And it continues with: "It is possible that the database is not recognized by the application, or that the file is damaged

Build: 11.0

File: ST_RecordsetIterator.cpp
Line: 259
Error Type: 0
Error Code: 2

A clue I have is that the STDATA is too full (over 2.000.000 kb) because I cannot manage to clean the S.Test automatically through the sys. test., nor manually.

Thank you everyone.

Cheers,

Fiorenzo

2GB is unfortunately a limitation of Microsoft Access databases.  Typically if the database gets cleaned regularly / heavy optimizing is not done the file stays manageable.  There is a clean ST_DATA.MDB file that is kept separate that you can revert back to, but you would lose any custom system tests you might have created (the location would depend on which MetaStock version/eod/pro you have).  Additionally, you can attempt to run the JETCOMP.EXE application which will attempt to compact / repair the MDB file outside of MetaStock (the location of jetcomp.exe also depends on which version/eod/pro).

*Before running jetcomp.exe you would want to rename your ST_DATA.MDB file to ST_DATA1.MDB.

After doing so, run JETCOMP.EXE

When "..." browsing for the Source file, browse to the folder containing ST_DATA1.MDB and double click the file

When "..." browsing for the Destination file, browse to the folder containing ST_DATA1.MDB and double click the file

Remove the 1 from the end of the destination filename, making it ...\ST_DATA.MDB and click the Start button which should attempt to compact / repair the System Tester file.

At that point you can double-check the size of the new ST_DATA.MDB file.  In some cases it may not be able to compact the file that much.  At that point you may want to try and access the formula organizer from within MetaStock and Export any custom System Tests you might have.  You would then be able to import them into a clean ST_DATA.MDB file.

If the file is of a reasonable size again (~300 MB or less) you should likely be able to go back to using it normally again.  You may want to consider manually backing up your formulas or using the "Options-->Clean Now" button within the System Tester to keep the file in a more compact state.

fiorenzo  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:28:43 AM(UTC)
fiorenzo

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Thank you for your instructions. Unfortunately Jetcomp did not manage to compact the file succesfully. Also a pc technician came and we tried a few times. So we had to reinstall a virgin STDATA file taken from the original MTS disk, of course after a backup of all system tests was made. Now all is running smooth and fast again.

I suggest to fellow MTS utilisers to clean and compact results when prompted to, without much delay. Also helpful is to select "keep a ___ number of profitable results for each optimizes system" in the Options at minimum.

Cheers,

Fiorenzo

Artici  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2015 2:51:45 PM(UTC)
Artici

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

I  use MS IX and met similar problem when doing System Tests. However, it seemed that certain built-in systems are immune from this problem and never have the error. While other systems, such as PS Cycle Progression, Bull Power Bear Power 2 and some other systems are bound to have the problem every time I tried. Yet some others are in-between, ie, sometime it returned the error and sometimes it didn't. I checked the ST_DATA file and it is just 2.5MB in size.
MS Support  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 11, 2015 7:53:41 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Hi Artici, Are you actually getting a "ST_RecordsetIterator.cpp" type of error or is there some other message in the error window? 2.5 MB actually seems like it might be a bit small especially if you've been running simulations.
Artici  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 8:13:25 AM(UTC)
Artici

It did. I have a screen shot but just did not know how to attached it here.

MS Support  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 2:53:37 PM(UTC)
MS Support

You could contact support to see if there is anything we could do to repair the file, but ultimately unless you need to salvage custom system tests, it might be easiest to delete the ST_DATA.MDB file and reinstall MetaStock 9.
Artici  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:28:02 PM(UTC)
Artici

Thanks.

to re-install MS 9 ? but mine is MS IX.

MS Support  
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:37:21 PM(UTC)
MS Support

The only versions to use roman numerals would be 13 and 14, XIII and XIV respectively. If that is the case, an original ST_DATA.MDB file should be available already on your PC, but it depends on whether you have Pro or End-of-Day as to where this file is. Additionally, ST_DATA within MetaStock 13 / 14 should be much larger than 2.5 MB, which leads me to think the file you have is damaged.

System Tester File Location:

MetaStock Pro / RT should be in a folder like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Thomson Reuters\Eikon\Y\Bin (The Y could be a Z, or X, pick the one with the most recent date modified).

End-of-Day should be in a folder like:

C:\Users\(Windows.Username)\App Data\Local\Thomson Reuters\Eikon\Program or could also be C:\Program Files (x86)\Thomson Reuters\Eikon\Program

You would want to take a clean copy from the location above and put it into C:\Users\(Windows.Username)\App Data\Local\Thomson Reuters\MetaStock\13.0 (or 14.0 if you're on 14)\Formulas

Edited by user Friday, March 20, 2015 4:35:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Correcting prior info

Artici  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2015 6:52:44 AM(UTC)
Artici

Thanks.

After re-installing the MS 14 EOD on my 32 bit PC, I can find the ST_DATA file in the Formulas folder you mentioned, BUT System Test keeps on returning the same error message.

(Strange enough, however, there is not a 'Program' folder in the path you mentioned, c:\Users\(windows username)\AppData\Local\Thomson Reuters\TRD6.)

MS Support  
#11 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2015 6:08:38 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Sorry about the prior info, for End-of-Day 14 a clean copy of ST_DATA.MDB should be in:

C:\Users\(Windows.Username)\AppData\Local\Thomson Reuters\Eikon\Program

Edited by user Friday, March 20, 2015 4:34:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Correcting prior info