logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fiorenzo  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:04:28 AM(UTC)
fiorenzo

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hello everyone,

I use Metastock from many years, now I have EOD 11.0v

I get an error nr 80004005 after the program is, periodically as normal, asking me to clean old data. Thus the cleaning is not processed

I also encounter another error when I perform the system tester on a number of periods > 4 or 5 thousand. In that case the system tester does not even start but it immediately shows me "View results" , all with zeros, of course.

Thank you for your help

Fiorenzo

retireewill  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 8:54:08 PM(UTC)
retireewill

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

Not sure this is your problem, but I use MS EOD version 11 also. In the folder "Program Files (x86) under Equis, Metastock, is a file named "ST_DATA.mdb". Check its size. On a clean installation it is under 100k, but as Enhanced System Tester is run, the file begins to enlarge. I've had one reach more than 1GB. Obviously, the "Cleanup" is not working properly and I would get Errors.

My fix was to copy an original clean "ST_DATA.mdb" to some location, then when I start receiving "Errors" in the tester, I overwrite the the large file with the original smaller file. This procedure will omit recent formulas you may have written, so you may want to Export the formulas before overwriting the present ST_DATA file.
MS Support  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 5:50:24 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
fiorenzo wrote:

Hello everyone,

I use Metastock from many years, now I have EOD 11.0v

I get an error nr 80004005 after the program is, periodically as normal, asking me to clean old data. Thus the cleaning is not processed

I also encounter another error when I perform the system tester on a number of periods > 4 or 5 thousand. In that case the system tester does not even start but it immediately shows me "View results" , all with zeros, of course.

Thank you for your help

Fiorenzo

Which version of Windows do you run MetaStock 11 on? Based on a web search of that error, it would be appear to be an 'access denied' message of some sort:

http://www.windowsanswers.net/articles/fix-0x80004005

You could try running MetaStock as an administrator (right-click on MetaStock, choose Run As Administrator) to see if this helps.
fiorenzo  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 2:28:31 PM(UTC)
fiorenzo

Win 7. But let me try your suggestions first ;)

I'll let you know..

Thank you

fiorenzo  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:30:43 PM(UTC)
fiorenzo

Hello MS Support, I tried to run MTS as admin, but error msg still pops up with following msg (hope you understand as technical language is pretty much equal in most languages):
Code = 80004005 Code meaning = Errore non specificato. Source = Microsoft JET Database Engine
Description = Superato il numero di blocchi per la condivisione di file. Aumentare la voce di registro MaxLocksPerFile. Build: 11.0 File: ST_DBUtility.cpp Line: 890 Error Type: 0.

It is becoming a nuisance since Sys. Tester opening is now a slow process (40 seconds to open it), other operations are slow also

Hello Retireewill and thank you very much for your reply, but the method you suggest is Beyond my capabilities as a pc user.  By the way you are right STDATA is >2.000.000 Kb big !

Thank you.

Cheers

Edited by user Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:42:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

fiorenzo  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 11:57:39 AM(UTC)
fiorenzo

HELP I am getting a NEW error msg, above the previous one, when conducting system tests.

Description: Impossibile aprire il database "". È possibile che il database non sia riconoscibile dall'applicazione oppure che il file sia danneggiato. (Impossible to open database, it is possible that database is not recognised by the application or the file is damaged)

Build: 11.0
File: ST_RecordsetIterator.cpp
Line: 259
Error Type: 0
Error Code: 2

MS Support  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 9:19:15 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fiorenzo Go to Quoted Post

HELP I am getting a NEW error msg, above the previous one, when conducting system tests.

Description: Impossibile aprire il database "". È possibile che il database non sia riconoscibile dall'applicazione oppure che il file sia danneggiato. (Impossible to open database, it is possible that database is not recognised by the application or the file is damaged)

Build: 11.0
File: ST_RecordsetIterator.cpp
Line: 259
Error Type: 0
Error Code: 2

Please see the other post I wrote up regarding attempting to repair/compact using JETCOMP.EXE (http://forum.metastock.com/Discussions/g/posts/t/154074/--X--An-error-occured-in-the-System-Tester#post182413)

As for the previous "MaxLocks" error you were getting, this is due to a Windows registry setting and the ST_DATA file growing too big in size.  You can safely increase this registry setting although compacting/repairing the file might be enough to get you back to working normally again.

Edited by user Monday, October 20, 2014 9:20:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

fiorenzo  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 1:53:38 PM(UTC)
fiorenzo

I would like to add that if you have two copies of Metastock, you can erase the ST_Data file from the Metastock with problems. At its place copy&paste the ST_Data file from the version working fine.