logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fiorenzo  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 10:53:39 AM(UTC)
fiorenzo

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hello

I am getting the error msg. "Security cannot be found" on several Securities in more than one folder.

I hnow the data is there, as I press cancel the correct data will appear, so it's not that the data cannot be found.

Also there is no indicator attached which could be responsible.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Fiorenzo

MS Support  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 6:10:59 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
At some point there may have been a secondary security referenced in the chart / template that no longer exists or was moved. The error is not from the 'base' (underlying) stock symbol. Unfortunately, once saved into the chart/template, there is no way to remove an item from the chart/template that is not plotting.

It might be possible to edit the file to locate the folder path reference, although this is not really supported and can be difficult to look at if you're not sure what to look for.
fiorenzo  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 3:55:54 AM(UTC)
fiorenzo

Hello,

any news on how to fix this problem?

Any chance that upgrading to the newest version (13) may result in having the issue fixed?

Thanks...

F

MS Support  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2014 2:59:36 PM(UTC)
MS Support

It would depend on the nature of the issue and which version of MetaStock you are currently using. If the chart was calling data from another source or location, the solution/fix would be to put the data back in the folder it is looking at. Keep in mind that just because the "Base Security" of the chart is opening, you can have "Secondary Securities" within the chart that are unable to be opened for differing reasons.
fiorenzo  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 1:02:15 PM(UTC)
fiorenzo

Running through a set of security is becoming a real nuisance now...nearly 10% of all securities present this error msg when opened "Security not found". Even newly added stocks, IPOs... I have to terminate the error msg manually to see them.

I do not understand if there is something I have to verify in order to understand where the issue originates. Am I the only one to experience this? [Metastock 11 End of Day].

Thank you.

F

MS Support  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2015 2:53:08 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Hi, I apologize as I may have not understood your issue. You are seeing this error when attempting to add the securities into your exploration? Do you already have a saved list when you run your scans or do you re-add the securities to be scanned each time you run an exploration (i.e. first Remove All securities from the list, then browse to the folder containing your securities and re-add them)? Have you run a Test on this folder in The DownLoader (Tools > Test)? It is possible that one of the MASTER files is corrupt / out-of-date for that particular folder. The MASTER files essentially keep an index of the particular securities within a data folder. It is possible that as securities are added/removed from a data folder, that something could happen to one of the MASTER or DAT files causing the issue you're experiencing. Depending on the extent of the data corruption, you might be able to use the Tools > Copy command to Copy the securities to a new folder, rebuilding the MASTER files in the process. It is possible that this process will fail if the extent of the corruption is too great.