logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fairlight  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2012 10:57:18 AM(UTC)
Fairlight

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Installation of MetaStock 11 EOD doesn't work - even with administrator rights - on Windows 8 Release Preview 64 bit. When I click setup.exe the User Account Control Window appears and I click Yes. Nothing happens. Is MetaStock 11 EOD incompatible with Windows 8, I asked Equis support? The reply was: "We do not support Windows 8 and have not seen the product. In Windows 7 you can copy the files from the disc onto the desktop into a folder and run setup.exe from the files transferred onto the computer, and it will generally work, you can try something similar in windows 8; however since the OS is unsupported we can not guarantee any result." I have tried that without success. The final Windows 8 is a few weeks away - and Equis has not seen the OS? Apparently MetaStock is classified as compatible: http://www.microsoft.com...LastSearchTerm=metastock Is there anything I can do - apart from reinstalling Windows 7 for a few weeks?
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:32:33 AM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
While a product, especially software, is in developement, it is subject to change. Our QA department has a copy of Windows 8. I would be surprised if our Developers and product managers have not looked at it too. However, until it release, any findings they have are peliminary at best.

When Windows 8 is finally released, a final test of metastock on this new OS will be made. If there are any issues, a solution will be presented to our customers at that time.
Leandro  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 3:02:29 PM(UTC)
Leandro

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Olá amigos, sou do Brasil e acabei de comprar um note book com windows 8 americano. O Metastock tem uma problema: - não consigo colocar o mouse em cima do gráfico, o mouse simplesmente escorrega para fora do gráfico me impedindo de mexer no gráfico. Alguém pode me ajudar?
obrigado
Leandro  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 3:04:54 PM(UTC)
Leandro

Hello friends, I'm from Brazil and I just bought a note book with windows 8 American. The Metastock has a problem: - I can not put the mouse over the graph, simply slide the mouse off the graph preventing me from moving on the graph. Can anyone help me?
thank you
grilli79  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:24:39 PM(UTC)
grilli79

Hi Leandro,

I am having exactly the same issue. I have a Surface Pro with Windows 8 and Metastock 11. And I thought I was going crazy, but the mouse stops working as soon as u hover over a chart. I've also found trying to draw for example trend lines is very touchy.

Have you been able to find out anything else on this topic?

One thing that would work I guess (without having tried it) would be to install a Windows 7 VM onto the Windows 8, but a Windows 8 solution would be better.... obviously.

cheers

Adam