logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PTJim  
#61 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 1:07:52 AM(UTC)
PTJim

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
richieds wrote:
While it looks like Equis has hit a writer's block as far as taking this software much further, I'm not one who believes that fancier bells & whistles are going to translate into better trading profits.

I agree with your point about not needing bells and whistles, but I think it should have been updated YEARS ago to allow us to spawn independent or linked child windows across multiple monitors, fully support 64-bit multi-core operating systems and other fundamental improvements. I run Win7 64-bit Ultimate and had to run it as emulating WinXP SP3, cripple Aero, turn off additional video features and eliminate all inner-window title bars just to get it to reload charts reliably and without blowing up the entire window's formatting. It's really sad how archaic it is.

After all these years, it's inexcusable that it still looks, performs and functions like a Windows 98 application.

henry1224  
#62 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 5:34:48 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Ever since Equis created external dll's, they shifted the programming of functions to users who have the MDK developer kit. All they care about is marketing useless add-ons and an archaic data plan. They have missed the priorities of their users.They want to maximize profits with as little effort on their part.

Users want a software platform that keeps up with the technology that is offered today!
64 bit processing, multi core processing..A reliable Data source that is integrated with online brokers.
I don't want to pay twice for data, so that I can use other software programs.My online broker offers features such as Nasdaq level 2 quotes and a live news feed for free. Why should I have to pay extra for features that I get from my online broker.

As a small trader, I look to keep my cost's down. Paying $200 p/ Mo for R/T data and then another $30 p/Mo for EOD for another software program ,and another $1200 for option data , I'm not going to do it! I will find Data providers and software that meet my needs. They forget, that they work for me and not the other way around!
The ability to use this data feed with other software platforms. The ability to cross platform their software
with mobile applications.

Keeping up with the Jones'es, as other software platforms are becoming Cloud based and multi use PC,Tablet, Smartphone, you will see that Equis's target market will shrink and so will their profits.
Maybe then, they will wake up and modify the software!
nasdaqtrader  
#63 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 6:00:47 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Henry, You hit the nail on the coffin, everything you said is true and I agree with you 100%. I'm looking to keep my costs down also and ther software is really behind the competition.
Regards, Frank Koenig Trade Like a Pro Trend is your Friend
wabbit  
#64 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 6:36:00 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I also notice with dismay one of the "other" income streams for Equis and MetaStock; the MetaStock Partner program where our inboxes are inundated with unsolicited promotional material which contains links which don't go anywhere, links which carry forward your email and other personal information etc all on sale by Equis to anyone who wants to buy access to your email account. In the latest video, the trader is not even using an Equis charting product!

wabbit [:D]

nasdaqtrader  
#65 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:09:14 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Wabbit, I totally agree with you, because every other day almost I receive emails stated your MetaStock partner. The latest one received today was from market traders Institute regaring FX Trading using MTI 4.0 Charting etc. Is this the email your are referring to? We should get a group origanized to get a list of us not approving them using our email address and MetaStock making money off of us by selling our email to these vendors that are worthless and filling up our inbox. MetaStock should concetrate are our concerns and request and feedback on the needs and our feedback on MS 12 etc..
nasdaqtrader  
#66 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 8:24:50 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

I would like my fellower MetaStock traders that is disappointed with MetaStock to take a look at Omnitrader 2012. This software may add value since I think they are ahead of MetaStock in some ways. There are past MetaStock users using OT and say they love it and MS is a dinasour. Check there website www.omnitrader.com. Currently they are running a special to trial for the software for 30 days @ $9.95. There phone number is 800-880-0338 and mention my name Frank Koenig, they will take care of you and they know me. OT Data Service: OmniData Real-Time Pricing OmniData RT Basic Service: $64/month* OmniData RT US Futures: Add $20/month to OmniData RT Basic Service* OmniData End-of-day Service: Free w/OmniData RT Basic Service ($19.95/ value) OmniScan End-of-day: Free w/OmniData RT Basic Service ($9.95/ value)** *Exchange Fees Extra for Real-Time Data **Free for a limited time only with OmniData RT Basic Service The also interactive brokers available to trade within the software. If you need more info let me know, and I can help you. I have the software from the beginning just like with MS. Some of there products are expensive like Nirvana Club, Omnitrader University.
nasdaqtrader  
#67 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 8:21:33 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Dear MetaStock Traders, Maybe we should form a MetaStock User Committee with Thomson Reuters and relay what us traders and users of MetaStock is looking for within the software features. Since Thomson reuters does not look to see what the members from the forum are requesting there needs in the software.
nasdaqtrader  
#68 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 11:00:20 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Here are some other former users say that MS does not meet the OmniTrader capabilities. 1. OT (Pro) offers a true programming environment ... MetaStock doesn't 2. OT offers a true backtest/forward test tool, including dynamic walkforward tuning ... MetaStock doesn't 3. OT offers a true portfolio simulation tool, with options to tune position sizes per trade ... MetaStock doesn't 4. OT offers dynamic multitimeframe Setup focus-list column flagging ... MetaStock doesn't 5. OT offers powerful, intelligent Options analysis and backtesting ... MetaStock doesn't ... the list is nearly endless. MetaStock is a dinosaur ... OT is at the cutting edge in many areas. Stick with OT ... dump MS. I once was an "expert guru" for MS ... but have not used it in many years. It's old news. They keep it alive only by marketing efforts, adding more and more simplistic plugins without updating its basic engine. No real creativity ... a huge contrast to OT.
SureshG  
#69 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 5:23:48 AM(UTC)
SureshG

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Eikon was created more for Enterprise customers. Eikon in its original nature was supposed to be complete product rivaling Bloomberg. Now just imagine you take horse LIke "Eikon" and try to put into donkey like "Metastock" I did test explorer features on MS12 with new data and it was slow, Just imagine if you want to catch breakout on 15 min chart, then you take 20 mins to finish your explorer. Apart from that this is becoming DLL heavy. Program is really heavy on resources because of the nature of EIkon. add to that all the various DLL which comes with the add-ons...I am sure this frustration can result in enlightenment. forget being trader...with this software I might just join church as I am calm to frustration levels of Metastock Pro 12. the other disappointment is lack of improvement in indicators( multi time frame), lack of API to integrate trading. System tester still kinder garden... Overall its a sign where Metastock is heading......I am not going to be surprised if this becomes open source in next few months........
thos  
#70 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 12:16:26 PM(UTC)
thos

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

nasdaqtrader wrote:
I would like my fellower MetaStock traders that is disappointed with MetaStock to take a look at Omnitrader 2012.
It's not really good etiquette to promote a competitor's product on a User Forum, even if the consensus of the thread is completely anti. Furthermore, Omnitrader is not a substitute for Metastock as it only caters for US markets. If I only wanted US markets I would have been using TC2000.
SureshG  
#71 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 12:27:08 PM(UTC)
SureshG

I completely agree with nasdaqtrader, I have my concerns with Metastock but It is still the best around. Problem is that, we traders know that MS is best and we also know how it can be improved. I wish somebody at Reuters knew the same. if only they went thru wish list at this forum........
John S  
#72 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:33:32 PM(UTC)
John S

I'm a new (old) Product Manager for MetaStock. I'm becoming active on the forum. I'm watching it closely and learning from the feedback. I'd like to talk one-on-one with many of you on this thread. I've spoken with NasdaqTrader today and he was very open with me and I enjoyed his honest feedback. He harkens from the floppy disk days of MetaStock. I go back to the punch-card days :-)

I recently posted a general message here regarding my new role: http://forum.equis.com/forums/thread/39860.aspx.

Some of the super active posters on this forum: MSTT, jjstein, Bulli, hayseed, henry1224, wabbit, and storkbite are among those that I've private messaged to set up a one on one call. These folks have given a lot over the years to support MetaStock and our efforts. I'd enjoy talking to anyone about your specific needs for MetaStock. Just email me and let's set something up.

I'm excited about the foundation we've laid for the future. But I do sense the frustrations. What I can say with confidence is that we are well-positioned to address a lot of your concerns, certainly not all, but a lot--better than we have been in many years.

Anyone, any time, can drop me a email at: john.slauson@thomsonreuters.com. I want to hear from you.

Thank you.
John Slauson
haddison  
#73 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:54:13 PM(UTC)
haddison

I remember you well John. I've heard that you were the one who wrote the Metastock user manuals for several years. I also remember buying a cheap trial to Metastock 10 EOD from you on ebay in 2006. I would be grateful if you could answer my questions about the System Tester in an earlier post and whether those issues were addressed in version 12. Thanks.
jjstein  
#74 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:52:27 PM(UTC)
jjstein

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
John S wrote:
Some of the super active posters on this forum:  MSTT, jjstein, Bulli, hayseed, henry1224, wabbit, and storkbite are among those that I've private messaged
Um, if you sent a PM -- it never arrived. Sent a few thoughts via email; hope they got through.
nasdaqtrader  
#75 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 6:31:58 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Johnathan, It looks like the Real Time data went from Thomson Reuters Eikon to XENITH. I see no changes other than a name change so far.
Bulli  
#76 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:50:43 AM(UTC)
Bulli

nasdaqtrader wrote:
I guess I need to find a new charting software to use and put MS on the book shelf. Any good charting software out there, please let me know.

I am not giving up M11, I am a Metastock user since 1998, but I cannot wait for M13 just to get the same again, if M13 does not improve, and I mean REALLY improve, M11 is museum piece of software, I kept waiting for M12 hoping to get rid of many of the limitation we have and get at least some stuff from the Wish List posted here in the forum by MANY USERS, and then I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED with M12.

I already started moving to MultiCharts, this was the winner after analyzing more than 15 programs (I am a computer and market addict, have tested all of them, have almost 3 decades of computer experience, adapting to a new software for me is a matter of minutes to days depending on the complexity of the program).

It would not be fare to speak of it here, I will just say one thing just to let you have an idea of the capacity of this program, made me feel like Metastock has to start from ZERO up to get to the current standard: MultiCharts supports a chart with 5 000 000 BARS, Metastock 65 000, say no more.

A piece of advice to my ex-favorite program Metastock: PLEASE PLEASE take a look at MultiCharts and LEARN that is if you still want Metastock to live.

This is my last post here, so take care and was nice till lasted.

See you Metastock 13, hope we meet again.

Would like also to thank all the virtual friends I had here in the last few years on this forum and on the old forum of Equis.

Take care all and have a nice day.

Bulli
Brazil
nasdaqtrader  
#77 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:26:38 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Bulli, Thank you for your post. The program you mentioned is it multicharts.com? I have bee a MetaStock user from the start when we still were using floppy disks. I will keep MS 11 and use along with one other software. I was very disappointed also, today I'm shipping back MS 12 today. I was more than disappointed on MS12 I was devastated, I thought they knew there problem and they would have addressed most of the issues. Bulli you are right I cannot wait until MS 13 to be released and nothing will be addressed and changed. Bulli lets keep in touch and exchange ideas with each one. I do not want to lose a friend just because of a software not meeting our needs.
nasdaqtrader  
#78 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:30:40 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Bulli, Thank You for the post on the MultiCharts charting software. Thank You Thank You
John S  
#79 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:02:12 AM(UTC)
John S

Haddison,

In another life I did indeed write the manuals for MetaStock. Steve Achelis unloaded that to me early in my career here.

We did not make any changes to the System Tester in 12. However I am fully aware of some of the core issues. We are sorting these among others as well. While I cannot guarantee all concerns will be addressed, we are positioned now as a company to address them...much better than we have in years.

--john slauson
liberty55  
#80 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 3:56:21 PM(UTC)
liberty55

John,

you have made a big change of your business model, especially regarding EOD.

By a new lid, the power console, you have locked out use of external data and other programs. The customer base has drastically changed. As you have seen here your clients will search for other solutions and the competitors will get an increasing market share.

The strength of the MetaStock open structure has now been eliminated.

What is your comments on this and on the future?

Is your midterm strategy to leave the retail and private investor?

Thanks.