logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Carmichael_f  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:38:10 PM(UTC)
Carmichael_f

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I suggest some changes for Metastock 12 : For the software : - Make a true separation between the software and any other files. The idea is to upgrade Metastock, and keep all our indicators, layouts, explorations, ... In the Data base. - Add a field sector for each security. - Create a new type of "composite" composed by many regular securites instead of 2. - Use a new type of Database without any compression, or proprietary format. The idea is to check the data base without Metastock. In the downloader : - A tool to correct automaticaly the errors : - Err 1100 : open outside of Hight-Low range. - Err 1091 : High less than Close. - Err 1092 : Low upper than Close. In the Indicator Builder : - Change the maxiumum number of variables from 20 to 100. - Change the maxiumun number of caracteres from 2000 to unlimited. - set different color for the indicators. In programmation : - Create a new Ref() function as Ref(C, dd/mm/YYYY). - Create a variable to memory the day of trade. - Create a simple additional tools as Vitamin-C for Metastock. It could be sold as an additional pluggin. In the Enhanced System Tester : - Update it, to be faster.
henry1224  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 7:51:15 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
how about a portfolio manager list where you keep track of your trades, click on a symbol and the chart opens up. it keeps track of your trades, so you can print out a report for the IRS for taxes

by a portfolio list,I mean a list of assets where you can attach an expert to a specific symbol,and then when you click on that symbol,the chart opens up with that expert attached.If you look at the symbol list you would see 10 to15 symbols, long or short,profit,current expert position,and a signal change when it occurs

I would also like to see a true enhanced system tester,that incorporates stops, limits,exits, and entries and multi time frames
Carmichael_f  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 1, 2010 12:58:10 PM(UTC)
Carmichael_f

Bonjour, 2 others opints : - Create a new commande to colorate différent indicators. For exemple Color(Type_Of_Color, Indicator), where Type_Of_Color should be Red, Blue, ... and Indicator shoud be any personalisez formulas. - Allow the commande ref(C, x), where x is a variable value instead of constant value.
Carmichael_f  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 5, 2010 1:36:00 PM(UTC)
Carmichael_f

Bonjour, ...and a Metastock 64 bits !
gyser  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 1:30:26 AM(UTC)
gyser

One more feature I'd like to see is: renaming of securities. To be able to change the name of securities based on symbol. Some sevice providers do not provide the name of the security, they only give the symbol in their eod file. If one has a file which contains the name as well as the symbol, The Downloader should be provided with a facility to overwrite the previous name or create name. For example, name of all securities is in lower case, and I have a file which contains names in upper case and symbols with new names of securities, the downloader should overwrite the previous names with new name. Right now renaming has to be done manually which is tedious.
Bulli  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:25:32 PM(UTC)
Bulli

Today and after two years from the last post, any news about Metastock 12 or even 11.5?
nasdaqtrader  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:04:01 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Bulli I believe there should be MetaStock 12 before the year is over. Usually they release new version every three years. Hopefully we can find a brand new version of MetaStock to be under our Christmas tree this year with a major overhaul.
Regards, Frank Koenig Trade Like a Pro Trend is your Friend
nasdaqtrader  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:01:10 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Bulli, Also I hope QuoteCenter gets Pre market and Post market Real Time Data. Also would like to see a real time scanner with pre market and post market data.
nasdaqtrader  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:25:28 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Dear MetaStock Traders, I just checked my email and see that Starting Oct 20, MetaStock as a List of MS 12 Tour Dates to introducing the new version. Here are the dates: MetaStock 12 is finally here. It's our best MetaStock ever and you will be among the very first to see all that 12 has to offer when you attend one of the following free seminars in your area. The Power of 12 Tour Dates and Locations Ft. Lauderdale, FL • Saturday, October 20 • Register here >> Atlanta, GA • Sunday, October 21 • Register here >> Toronto, ON • Sunday, October 21 • Register here >> Boston, MA • Saturday, October 27 • Register here >> New York, NY • Sunday, October 28 • Register here >> Chicago, IL • Saturday, October 27 • Register here >> Detroit, MI • Sunday, October 28 • Register here >> Dallas, TX • Saturday, November 3 • Register here >> Houston, TX • Sunday, November 4 • Register here >> Seattle, WA • Saturday, November 10 • Register here >> Vancouver, BC • Sunday, November 11 • Register here >> Denver, CO • Saturday, November 10 • Register here >> P[censored]nix, AZ • Sunday, November 11 • Register here >> Arlington, VA • Saturday, November 17 • Register here >> Philadelphia, PA • Sunday, November 18 • Register here >> Be the first to learn about the NEW MetaStock 12 features like: XENITH - See for yourself this powerful real-time news and data package, never before available to the private trader The MetaStock Power Console - Our clients spoke and we listened with this NEW feature that puts everything that is great about MetaStock in one convenient location Full-time Data on Demand - witness the enhanced performance and faster tests and scans that come with 12 More flexible charting - Discover the flexibility of no longer being limited to high, open, low, and close And much more! Register online today or call 800-466-6509. This is REAL training that you can use right away to help your profitability. We expect all seminars to reach capacity. NOTE: This is a very limited notification. MetaStock 12 and MetaStock Pro 12 are not yet available for purchase and have not yet been announced to the general public. For this reason you will not yet see mention of it at MetaStock.com and you cannot yet order it online or by phone. WE WILL BE TAKING PRE-ORDERS AT THE SEMINARS LISTED ABOVE.

NOTE: MetaStock Admin has made a change to this post – we have updated the name of the product to “XENITH” to reflect the accurate name of the product.
mstt  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:11:05 PM(UTC)
mstt

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)

Well it seems that at least the hype is up to standard. In the light of past "improvments", though, I'm not holding my breath. Three years after the release of MetaStock 11 the Adaptive Function tool-set is as flawed today as the day it was released. Maybe nobody thought to mention the fact to Equis.

Roy
nasdaqtrader  
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:50:40 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

MSTT, What is your take on the new version of MetaStock 12. Do you think it's a major overhaul? I heard that it's going on sale this Monday and the upgrade price for Pro is $199.00 Have you heard anything more. I heard that QuoteCenter is going to be gone and the new realTime is going to be XENITH From mt take there is still some of my requests still not being updated

NOTE: MetaStock Admin has made a change to this post – we have updated the name of the product to “XENITH” to reflect the accurate name of the product.
Bulli  
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:05:59 AM(UTC)
Bulli

As Roy said, not holding my breath, but HOPEFULLY AT LEAST we can use the full process power we have.
Bulli  
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:13:09 AM(UTC)
Bulli

nasdaqtrader wrote:
Dear MetaStock Traders, I just checked my email and see that Starting Oct 20, MetaStock as a List of MS 12 Tour Dates to introducing the new version. Here are the dates: MetaStock 12 is finally here.

Something is not right, it is saying Metastock Conference 2012, and not METASTOCK 12.
UserPostedImage
Are you sure they are talking about Metastock 12?

nasdaqtrader  
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:46:47 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Bulli, I received a email, and also spoke with Greg Allred. MetaStock 12 has arrived, but the website is not updated yet. As I mentioned on the up coming seminars they will be showing the MS 12 version. Also Greg Allred will call me once he get further details of the changes to the program.
Bulli  
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:12:09 PM(UTC)
Bulli

Cool, let us hope for the best and thanks for the quick reply.
nasdaqtrader  
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:20:08 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Bulli, Hopefully there is a major overhaul on the main engine of MetaStock. I heard that QuoteCenter may be gone and the new data is XENITH, I believe that is for RealTime. Do you mainly use MetaStock? or other programs as well.

mstt  
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:55:42 PM(UTC)
mstt

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)

Hi Frank

I did hear a comment a few weeks ago that version 12 would be the result of a major overhaul. Like everyone else I'd like that to be the case. However I don't have any specific knowledge to confirm current speculation about what is in it it and what is not.

Roy
Bulli  
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:38:23 PM(UTC)
Bulli

nasdaqtrader wrote:
Bulli, Hopefully there is a major overhaul on the main engine of MetaStock. I heard that QuoteCenter may be gone and the new data is XENITH, I believe that is for RealTime. Do you mainly use MetaStock? or other programs as well.

YES, I definitely HOPE SO.
Mainly Metastock, but we use local data provider (Brazilian Market).

When Metastock 12 is launched we will have to check if our data provider will be able to support the new system if there is a BIG CHANGE, we currently use eSignal version of Metastock to connect. (sort of server emulator working smoothly).

nasdaqtrader  
#19 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 4:23:08 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Bulli, Yes MS hopefully has major changes and upgrades, it has been a major concern. I love MS and soley use it for my trading since the beginning. Lets sit back and wait and see what they have done to overhaul the program.
henry1224  
#20 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 5:44:19 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
here is the link to the list of seminars

https://www.metastock.com/Events/Seminars/

It looks like there is a new data feed for real time, and a new interface for getting to your charts explorations, and system tests.

The rest of the page seems to be the same lines that Equis puts into all of their products.

Again, I hope that the new version will have 64 bit processing, I hope that the new Power Console will have the features that make it easier to watch a portfolio with your experts attached.

I hope that the new version will allow for the same amount of "Code" that is available in Indicators , to be used in explorations and system tests.

I would also like to see more integration with real time trading with more online brokers.

I feel that the best way to see the changes will be to attend a seminar in your area, or to view the reviews once the product is released