logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KennethSum  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 8:52:06 PM(UTC)
KennethSum

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi all, I'd like to know if i were to program metastock to buy IBM at $1 market order type in the enhanced system tester, will it take into consideration the timing(market closes 5pm) and execute the buy order the next day? I am having very weird issues with the enhanced tester. Also, may i know how to set the entry size? lets say i want to buy $1 IBM with total cost of $10,000. In my results it always does not register a buy of 10,000 units, but instead, it buys up like 9978 units. How do i go about setting it the nearest possible to $10,000? Thanks in advance
haddison  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:04:29 PM(UTC)
haddison

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

1. This would depend on the setting you choose when you click on "New Simulation." In the third step of the window "Perform Trading Simulation" click on the More button. Under the Trade Execution tab of the "System Testing Options" window, you can choose the Trade Price, e.g. Close or Open. 2. The entry size can be set two ways (that I know of): (a) You can set it in the System Editor. The third-to-last item is "Entry Size". If you click on "Use Default Size" you can enter your trade size. (b) You can set it when you click "New Simulation" above. The same window where you click on the More button has a textbox and drop-down box labelled "Default Size". Select "Number of Units" and type your trade size. What issues are you having with the EST?