logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nasdaqtrader  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:12:14 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Dear MetaStock Traders, I have been observing for about three years that registered forum users hardly come in and log into the forum. Is there any reason why there are more guest then registered users here. Also would like to see someone be assiigned to the forum from MetaStock to answer and monitor the forum. Regards
Regards, Frank Koenig Trade Like a Pro Trend is your Friend
MS Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:51:47 AM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
There is a person assigned to monitor the forum and respond to posts that are going unanswered. regrettably, I was forced to be absent the last couple of months as other duties to precedent. We have several excellent moderators who normally answer inquires but that not a substitute for a company moderator and administrator. If my other duties require an extended absence again, I will make sure someone else is on hand to maintain that presence.
nasdaqtrader  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:13:38 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

MS Support, No, I mean there are hardly any registered users that log in to the forum everyday. I understand that at times time rquires you to do more important time sensitive projects. I'm just thinking that alot of past MetaStock users are going away from the program. We should be approaching a new version of MetaStock, you usually come out with new versions about every three years. Regards
henry1224  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:03:18 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Dear Frank, There are only so many ways to Write formula code!! Unless Equis creates new functions to enhance the software, I won't be updating to a newer version.
As far as being on the forum, I know that several "Coder's" check the forum every day to help out.
nasdaqtrader  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:50:17 PM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Dear Henry, Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate very much your response. I feel the same way as you are if MetaStock does not get a major overhaul on the main engines to keep up with the compettition I will not be upgrading. To be really honest i think they lost there edge and are only really concentrating on adding more plugins and just marketing them. I really feel that they lost alot of users of the software, what do you think? At the NY Traders Expo I meet alot of traders and they where previous users and claimed to be a MetaStock guru. They stopped upgrading and using Metastock, also alot told me since Version 8 they should have not been upgrades. Some of the previous users either went to NinjaTrader, TradeStation and Omnitrader. I have used Omnitrader in the past at the begining when i started out trading in 1982, i used MetaStock and Omnitrader. Do you use any other software, or you just use MetaStock? Regards
henry1224  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 5:02:13 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Frank, I mainly use Metastock, because of it's ease of use. I don't use the enhanced system tester.
Instead I use TradeSim and VST Pro for that.
My other software Dynamic Trader 6, Neuroshell Trader 6 , Murrey Math, Ramp Real Time, NinjaTrader, Advanced Get,TradeStation, GannAnlsys Pro and the software provided by my broker.

I used to use amibroker and Patternsmasher and Biocomp Profit

Some of the features that I find most helpful in Metastock are the experts, and the explorer.

I created my own expert and explorations, so I know what I'm looking for. I run my explorations and scan thru the remaining charts.

I also use apps from Missing step on my IPAD in Real Time.

Some of the upgrades that metastock needs to work on is the ability to use multi cores, 64 bit processing,
new functions, that allow loops, better Fib and Gann tools
nasdaqtrader  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 5:50:36 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Henry, Good Morning I was looking at Ramp Chart Pattern, never tried the software, is it any good in getting chart patterns? Yes I agree MetaStock is alot easy to use, and I like that it's a windows enviroment. I use the Explorer and Experts mainly, and i think they need to have the Explorer scan alot faster and be able to plot the entire market. Do you trade realtime or EOD? Do you use QuoteCenter? They need to add PreMarket & Post Market within QuotCenter. I do not use the system test also, I have the following plugins: Bollinger Band System, ETS 2.0 Trading system, Chart Pattern Recognition John Murphy, Performance Systems Plus, PowerPivots Plus, Price Headley's Big Trends ToolKit 1.0, Greg Capra's Pristine Method Patterns Scan, and Trade Oracle, I mainly use ETS 2.0 Trading sysytem and the RMO that came with MetaStock software. I also use OmniTrader there scans are alot faster also there charts plot chart patterns and pivots. But there are also drawbacks with that software also. I think they far past MetaStock. There addons are expensive and they are a small company in Austin Texas. Regards,
henry1224  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 5:08:26 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Frank, I have powerPivotsPlus, John Murphy's and John Bollinger's, Trade oracle, Performance systems,
I have stopped looking at add-ons and have concentrated on my own trading style.

I know what I'm looking for , what I expect it do, where it's weakness is . I trade with the trend ,take my profit and run to the next trade.

What I would like to happen in Metastock.

1: the ability to use multi core processing
2 the addition of more functions and use of loops
3 the elimination of the 2000 limit of formulas in the indicator builder, expert and explorations
4 the creation of a portfolio, that has the ability to use the experts in it.
you can have a list assets that you can track profit and loss, you can click on a symbol and the chart opens up with the attached expert.The ability of a cell in that list to use highlights from the experts

I'm sure that Equis already knows what it needs to do, and where it intends to take the software.
You have to take into account that what ever they do, they have to make it backward compatible so that you can import your indicators and experts
nasdaqtrader  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2012 5:48:09 AM(UTC)
nasdaqtrader

Henry, Yes, I have came to that coclusion also to stop looking at thr add-ons. I just use also trend following, chart patterns take my profits and cut my losses early and move on to the next stock to trade. Yes I think MetaStock is finally realizing that they are losing the edge and have to make a drastic improvement to keep all the users. From time to time i still attend the webinars MetaStock offers. Actually yesteday i attended the RMO webinar with Jeff Gibby there was only two people in total and i think after I was the only person in the room. That is why I think they will make a big change. I have talked to former users, and users of MetaStock and they told me that they most likely will not be around in the next 2 years. Hopefully the next version will be a major improvement. You intraday trade? I trade fulltime and have being doing this since 2008 and love it. Before I was a Equity trader at a bulge bracket firm. have a wonderful weekend. Regards
richdad23  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 4:39:23 AM(UTC)
richdad23

Hi Henry, I'm interested to know more about the Patternsmasher software. There is not much information about it on the internet and I've been emailing the company for weeks but getting no reply. Would you mind sharing some information about it and perhaps your experience with it? Thanks very much
henry1224  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 2:03:12 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Dear Richdad, I think that the patternsmasher software company went out of business around 5 years ago
PTJim  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 10:50:08 AM(UTC)
PTJim

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
henry1224 wrote:
Frank, I mainly use Metastock, because of it's ease of use. I don't use the enhanced system tester.
Instead I use TradeSim and VST Pro for that.

I use TradeSim as well - I wonder if MS12 is incompatible with TS? Just curious though; I have no intention of purchasing MS12 simply because I want to keep my access to local data and see no significant improvements or re-engineering for modern OSs and hardware.