logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
norm82  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 5:07:50 PM(UTC)
norm82

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Thinking of getting an iPad. Will Metastock 11 run on it? Thanks for any replies. Norm
wabbit  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:58:24 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
MS Support might have to verify this, but MS is only designed to operate on Windows OS, and, although it might have been possible (with some fiddling) to get MS working on Apple Mac OS running Parallels, the iPhone and iPad use iOS and don't have the ability (to my knowledge) run a virtualized Windows OS? wabbit [:D]
jjstein  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 9:32:10 PM(UTC)
jjstein

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
norm82 wrote:
Thinking of getting an iPad. Will Metastock 11 run on it?

Nope!

But you can run it on your Windows box, then use the free version of LogMeIn on both the PC and the iPad, and run it that way.

Even with dual monitors!

Wouldn't plan on extensive analysis that way. Though I haven't yet tried hooking up the iPad to a big screen TV...

henry1224  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 9:55:53 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Why on earth would you consider going from a much larger screen even dual monitors to a 10 inch screen?
With a pc, you have a multifunction mouse to help scroll through your chart and indicators.
On an Ipad with Logmein ignition you have to touch the exact spot on a chart just to get to your indicators.
Logmein Ignition may work with other programs just fine and the limitations of no mouse is not a big deal but with Metastock it's a PITA.

The only advantage that IPad users have is that some of the App's are in real time!
Their App's have done basic signals on the main server and you have access to those servers.
Scans are instantly done.

www.missingstep.com
Market Delta Heat map
Options Wizard
OptionCalc

jjstein  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:11:28 AM(UTC)
jjstein

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
henry1224 wrote:
Why on earth would you consider going from a much larger screen even dual monitors to a 10 inch screen?

I use LogMeIn Free to help a few friends & relatives remotely. With the iPad version, I can do it from my easy chair in the den. Handy, if I'm watching TV w/the kids. Or if Grandma is having trouble with her Skype, and it needs an update or a tweak, and I happen to be at McD's or coffee shop w/kids.

With the MagicJack app, the iPad becomes a mobile extension to the phone at home, as well as make calls.

henry1224 wrote:
Logmein Ignition may work with other programs just fine and the limitations of no mouse is not a big deal but with Metastock it's a PITA.

Certainly, it's no substitute for the main monitors, and definitely not for doing analysis or development work, BUT it's just fine if you're away from home and just want a quick-check, as a "heads-up" on whether more work needs doing later. i.e.: See if MTF has changed after Friday's EOD data download, so I know if I need to allot time later for Explorations, position changes, etc.

As for dual-monitors, I was curious if I could have MS and Excel open, in case I was away and didn't have the laptop with me. I COULD run Explorations remotely, copy'em over to Excel, and do what's needed, if absolutely necessary. Would NOT be my first choice, of course. Nice to have alternatives. I was just amazed that I could switch monitors! LogMeIn did a heck of a job! Besides, y'know the old saw about the "Waltzing Bear" -- It's not how well it waltzs, but that it can dance at all!

Don't use it alot, but it IS a "nice-to-have" feature, installed & ready to use, once-in-awhile.

My $0.02 for the day,