logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hiker  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 9:58:44 AM(UTC)
Hiker

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I have a problem with The installation of ICE 2.62 in Metastock 11. All the indicators, explorers, etc load OK but when I open the ICE viewer software there is an error message "Invalid version or metastock not loaded". Any ideas? Thanks in advance for a response! >
matamau  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2010 12:40:20 PM(UTC)
matamau

Did you ever get it fixed? I have the same issue - Equis support can't fix yet
Justin  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:44:31 AM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

We've been using a workaround since at least September of last year to resolve this particular problem. It does involve modifying the registry, so you may wish to contact support if you need help with this:

You will want to close MetaStock before attempting these steps.

In order to run ICE on MetaStock 11 you will need the below path in the Windows Registry (Start-->Run-->Regedit)

Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Equis\Common\

Right-click on "Common" and choose New-->Key and name the key:

Next, right-click on 10.1 and choose New-->Key and name the key:

File Paths

Click on "File Paths"

On the right-hand side, right-click and choose New-->String Value and name the value:

ProgramPath (no space in between the words)

Double click on "ProgramPath" to assign the Value data set to the folder path for MetaStock 11:
(e.g. C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock)

Close the Registry and restart MetaStock. Once this has been done, the button for launching the ICE wizards should function.
guard001  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2010 6:56:33 PM(UTC)
guard001

Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum. I know this thread is old but I am having problems installing ICE. During setup the program shows me some indicators it found in the Metastock installation and asks me if I want to overwrite them. If I say yes the program then goes through a progress bar that shows the indicators, experts, etc. being installed, and the setup finishes correctly (no error messages). When I then open Metastock, the 3 ICE menu entries show up in the Tools menu, but there is no button for the Performance Viewer in the bottom of the screen. Also in the Experts Advisors dialog the ICE Date Optimizer is missing. Also, none of the ICE indicators and system tests are listed in their respective dialogs/screens.

If I try to reinstall ICE, the indicators, experts, and system tests appear to be installed because I am asked again if I want to overwrite them, but Metastock for some reason is not picking them up.

I have tried modifying the registry exactly as described in this thread, but it doesn't work. I even tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Metastock with the same results.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64 bits with plenty of RAM (4GB) and an Intel QuadCore processor.

The www.adaptick.com/support address listed in the manual is non-existent, and I have no other way of contacting Adaptick. Can you please help?. Thanks,

guard001.
billtrudeau  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 7:27:59 AM(UTC)
billtrudeau

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

I have had similar problems installing other add-ons. In my case I had to make sure that the add-on was being installed as the administator, when using Windows 7.
MS Support  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 1:33:07 PM(UTC)
MS Support

Groups: Moderators, Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 150 post(s)
On Vista and Windows 7 systems, if you do not right-click and select "run as administrator", the install goes through all the motions, but nothing is added. This applies to all installation of formulas or add-ons.
bexleymike  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2011 3:26:49 PM(UTC)
bexleymike

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Thank you for this fix! I followed the steps just as outlined and ICE 2.62 is working completely fine now! Thank you again![:)]