logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rkkarnani  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2010 10:28:49 AM(UTC)
rkkarnani

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I wish to send to my friend who is relatively new to MS (I am new too)!! an Expert and related indicators!!! How can I make an auto extracting file for ease of use by my friend!!! I can export it to a folder, zip it ans send it. As I had received from various sources custom indicator experts in self extracting format where one just double clicks and the indicator expert is loaded on to Metastock!!
v.trader  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2010 11:59:20 AM(UTC)
v.trader

Hi, When you click on any of the power tools in meta stock(e.i explorer, expert advisor, indicator builder) you will see on the right hand tool bar an option called "organize" from there you can click on export, it will ask you what do you want to export(e.g. explorations, indicators, system tests, experts) and it will complete the procedure for you. Then you can send these files to anyone. They will have to click on the same "organize" button but this time click on import, select the file and then whatever you have exported will be imported in to their Meta stock. VT
comando_c  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2010 12:52:56 PM(UTC)
comando_c

Hi I am using Windows 7 and installed MetaStock recently. I am unable to see any experts. I followed your solution but has not worked. In fact i have all the formules but MetaStock is not recognizing them Please advise
mstt  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 2, 2010 4:13:47 PM(UTC)
mstt

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 54 post(s)
When using self-installing EXE files with Windows 7 or Vista the EXE must be run in "administrator" mode. Right-click on the EXE to select the appropriate option (this tip comes from Eqius Support). As far as I'm aware only users with the MDK (MetaStock Development Kit) can create self-installing EXE files. Without this tool the Organizor exports indicators, explorations and system tests as DTA files, and experts into a separate folder. As I don't have Windows 7 or Vista I don't know what issues they present when importing DTA files. Roy