logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JonRoberts  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 6, 2006 9:27:56 PM(UTC)
JonRoberts

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

When I started Metastock 9.0 earlier today, I got an error saying, "Failed to load sectors & industries symbol file." Realizing I must have inadvertently deleted a file, I reinstalled Metastock and all was working fine. But now, the error has returned and as far as I know, I've not done anything to delete any of MS's files. All I've done since I reinstalled MS was do some system tests. Any thoughts on how I can track down what I did to delete the file?

Thanks!

Jon
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2006 7:22:07 AM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey jon.... thought i answered this last nite but it still appears unanswered...

open the downloader and under tools select update database..... that will recreate the missing xml doc.....h

marketwatch  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2007 6:15:30 AM(UTC)
marketwatch

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

I too had this error. Although my xml doc was not deleted. So I deleted it and performed the 'update database' action. After updating the problem still existed. So I reinstalled the deleted xml and re-performed the update. The problem still existed. So I reinstalled The Downloader software and it resolved the matter. But now none of my symbols (invalid symbol) are recognised by Reuters Datalink - even when I set up a new security via the look up function! I am not happy and would appreciate some advice. Thanks.
k1116  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2007 8:16:56 AM(UTC)
k1116

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

hello all, I had this error all of a sudden! I did not delete any file. I tried patching the symbol file using the Downloader and MetaStock itself. It did not work. How could I reintall the Downloader only? I do not want to reinstall MetaStock itself since it does not seem to solve the problem Thank you.