logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patrick  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2004 4:35:27 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
MetaStock and The DownLoader create temporary files when one of these programs accesses your security date files. These files are version specific. If you have different versions of MetaStock and The DownLoader, the programs would not be able to access the data at the same time. For example, if you have a chart open in MetaStock version 6.52 and try to access the datasheet in The DownLoader version 7.22, you would get this message. You would need to close your charts and then access the data in The DownLoader. It normally deletes these files when you stop accessing the data, but if it were shut down improperly, these files may not have been deleted. To delete these temporary files, do the following: Make sure that MetaStock and the DownLoader (and Servers if using Pro) are closed Click on Start | Find | Files or Folders (Or Search, depending on the version of Windows) For Named: type in ~MSFL.* Make sure the Look in field is set to C:\\ (Assuming your data is stored on your C:\\ drive) Make sure "Include subfolders" is checked. (Win 9x) Click on the find now button. Once the ~MSFL files are found, click on Edit | Select All. Click on File | Delete Start MetaStock or The DownLoader and you will be able to access the data
jakethedog  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 8, 2007 2:00:15 PM(UTC)
jakethedog

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hello all,

I have been running MS 7.2 on XP without problems for the past 2 years. Recently whenever I try to open a security an error message states "Files are not a recognised version". I have tried uninstall and reinstall and checked the data files as above. I have contacted my data supplier and tried their suggestions for checking data. The error message comes also if I want to run an explorer. If I hit cancel on the error message about 10 times I can eventually open the chart. I have tried system restore to a date in which everything was working - no luck.

I would appreciate any other suggestions. I have only been told I will need to upgrade my Metastock.

Thanks - Jake

jakethedog  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2007 10:33:20 PM(UTC)
jakethedog

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi all,

I have found the solution. The data folder became corrupt as well as my back up file (although my data supplier ensured it was not the case). I requested a new data CD- updated the data, and presto everything working fine. No need yet to upgrade my Metastock.