logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Spaceant  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:49:35 PM(UTC)
Spaceant

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi all, as title, can anyone comment on this, say at a per annum rate or per month rate? Indeed, I would like to know how much can a professional successful future traders can earn consistently over a long period of time. Warren Buffett could earn ~ 18 - 20% annual return in his investment, primarily in stock investment. As a participant in the future market, should we aim at a return higher than ~ 18 - 20% per annum as we are taking higher risks (future market is risky than stock market)?..... The very next question is that ... should we stop trading future if are not able to make a return higher than ~ 18 - 20 % or even making a loss...? that is the question that I am thinking sometimes! I am very curious of what they can earn annually as a return rate. I was told that there are only very small amount of traders (5% or less) who can consistently make profits in the long run. "Consistent" mean that someone who can earn profit in future market over a long period of time, not eratic profit / loss pattern. If that is true, their return rates should be high or very high! There should exit some kind of "legends" that can earn high return rates, like Gann or..... does anyone know any professional trader and do make a comment? or anyone know the result of any future trading competition that could be a benchmark for us?... but, please do not include anything related to stock trading, option trading.... sa
sportrider  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:16:24 PM(UTC)
sportrider

Yeah,the" robbins cup"-where traders trade their own account for 1 year.
Spaceant  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2006 5:42:20 AM(UTC)
Spaceant

Seems like noone is interested in commenting this.... perhaps, another question..... What return rate could a successful forex trader make? sa
kanellop  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2006 6:02:53 AM(UTC)
kanellop

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Dear Sir, I read your Message and i want to make the following Comments. In the thng that you say: "I am very curious of what they can earn annually as a return rate." I can not understand, suppose that you learn that someone earn 50% per Annum how will affect You? You do not need to think, things like that. The only thing that must think is how YOU, you will make Good Trades and then to have Good Profits. The basic Thought is how you WILL MAKE THAT. With Study Books, Formulas, creating Demo Accounts for to test yourself etc.? All the others i quiet believe that does not affect you. Kind Regards, George Kanellopoulos.
Jose  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2006 6:12:41 AM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Spaceant wrote:
Seems like noone is interested in commenting this.... perhaps, another question.....
Perhaps the reason for the silence may be the vague/meaningless nature of the question... Put it this way: The markets are a great financial opportunity because the upside is unlimited, whilst the downside is generally capped. Depending on experience and trading skills, there are no limits as to how much profit any trader could make in the markets. But there is a definite limit as to how much he/she can lose: 100% of capital. jose '-)
Spaceant  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2006 3:30:29 PM(UTC)
Spaceant

Jose, Nice to see an interesting reply...... I am still interested in how big would be the upside for the one who can master his fund in the market wih a great financial opportunity, 100 % p.a., 200% p.a., ............ or even higher?
StorkBite  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2006 3:50:16 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I thought this was funny: You Can Be a Stock Market Genius- Uncover the Secrets of Stock Market Profits Only $5.00! Seriously, if you have a great system, run it in a trading simulator. Then you will know what might be possible for you.
wabbit  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2006 4:30:09 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
My favourite:
Originally Posted by: Stocks & Commodities V. 23:2 (82-85): Product Review: < Go to Quoted Post
<product> is a set of indicators, experts, explorations, and system tests for use with MetaStock 8.0 or higher. The package is composed of 90 systems selected by the Trading Systems Analysis Group (TSA Group) after testing 10,000 different systems across 4,000 different stocks. They only chose systems that performed better than buy-and-hold on more than 50% of the stocks
So out of the 10,000 trading systems tested only 90 beat buy-and-hold on 50% of stocks!!! That's less than one percent of the systems tested. Then there's the discussion of how to define "better"... Keep buying those systems fellas. At least someone is getting rich! wabbit :D
sandrajames  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2018 3:12:46 PM(UTC)
sandrajames

The rate of return can differ with different investments. ​​​​​​​

An individual who has just started his career might have other priorities to take care of like buying a home, paying off student debts, family responsibilities, etc. Therefore, at that point, it might not be wise to make a huge investment which might come in the way of fulfilling these commitments.

Government schemes such as PPF accounts, National Pension Schemes, Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana and several others have a considerably higher waiting period. Although these schemes are considered to be much “safe” than any other schemes in the market, the investor has to wait a long time to enjoy the dividends. Thus, these schemes have to be kept in mind thinking about future financial security. In contrast to this, certain schemes give higher dividends at a relatively short period of time. Popular examples of such schemes include Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund, Reliance Mutual Fund, Tata Mutual Fund, Axis Mutual Fund, etc. Another popular option is to invest in stocks. However, these investments have a bit of risk associated with them and therefore it is advisable to carefully read the policy before signing on it.

Certain investments come with added benefits such as security, easy liquidity and tax exemption. If an investor has to pay heavy taxes on the dividends earned over the long-run, then it considerably dilutes the whole point of investing. A better way to ensure that you are investments are directed in the right way and you get to enjoy their maximum benefits, is by taking the help of financial experts, brokers and people experienced in the Fintech field. These personnels can guide you to take the right investment decision that is in accordance with your financial goal and guarantees you the maximum possible benefits.