logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jakethedog  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2006 5:28:52 AM(UTC)
jakethedog

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi Everyone, I have MS7.2. Recently when trying to import files using the organizer function a message reads " The specified module could not be found". " Internal Error : Could not load - C\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Equis\\Localised Resources\\EQCMUI90EN.DLL" I therefore am unable to use this function. I have reinstalled MS7.2 but a similar error message states an error occured when installing. Any suggestions, Any help is appreciated. many thanks in advance. Jake
Branden Russell  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2006 2:59:50 PM(UTC)
Branden Russell

jakethedog wrote:
..." Internal Error : Could not load - C\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Equis\\Localised Resources\\EQCMUI90EN.DLL"...
That is a MetaStock 9.0 DLL. What you're importing is trying to use MetaStock 9.0.
jakethedog  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2006 4:11:36 PM(UTC)
jakethedog

I had access to a trial version of MS 9.0 which I installed. I then uninstalled it and put back on MS7.2 . The error message comes up when I click on the organizer button. Is there anyway to get rid of this so the organizer button works?
Branden Russell  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2006 5:31:57 PM(UTC)
Branden Russell

I'd suggest uninstalling, deleting the Equis folder (by default it is at C:\\program files), and then reinstall.
jakethedog  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2006 1:41:37 AM(UTC)
jakethedog

I appreciate your help. I have tried deleting equis folder and then reinstalling this but error message still occurs. The same message occurred again when reinstalling. Any other ides?
StorkBite  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2006 2:06:09 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
What files are you trying to import? Explorations, indicators, dll's, etc. Maybe you will just need to recreate them. Is there a particular file that you are looking for?
jakethedog  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2006 5:09:57 AM(UTC)
jakethedog

I am trying to import some .DTA files for custom indicators which came as part of some trading tools which I purchased. In anycase I would like to get my Metastock running as normal. I was thinking of purchasing a MS plug in and I am sure I will need the organiser button to work to import files.
StorkBite  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2006 5:55:56 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

If the DTA files contain 9.0 info, maybe that's what's messing you up. Perhaps your Organizer is working ok. Have you tried to import (or export) something that you know is compatible with v7.2?
jakethedog  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2006 6:23:28 AM(UTC)
jakethedog

The error message comes up as soon as I click on the organizer button. It won't even let me attempt to import files.
StorkBite  
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2006 7:11:27 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

The application you are trying to access is located here: C:\\Program Files\\Equis\\MetaStock\\FormOrg.exe It is looking for a DTA file similar to 'MS92sntx.dta'. When your version of FormOrg is in the same directory as the matching version of 'MSxxsntx.dta' then the Organizer will load. R U sure that you deleted all of the old files and directories and registry entries prior to reinstalling the old version? It sounds like you still have some file stragglers laying about. One way to check is to open the Windows Explorer and locate the FormOrg.exe file. Then hover the mouse over it and a balloon tip will appear showing whatever version of the application you are trying to access. Make sure it is really v7.2 like you think. If that doesn't work, you might want to give support a call and let them work it out for you. Either way, let us know how it turns out. Sorry for the delay.
jakethedog  
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2006 7:22:24 AM(UTC)
jakethedog

I found the FormOrg.exe file in the Equis folder. It is the correct version. I double clicked on this file in explorer and the same error message came up. Could it be that for some reason this file is not loading correctly from the MS7.2 CD?
StorkBite  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2006 7:42:36 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Hmm... I suppose I am out of thoughts. If the 'FormOrg.exe' is saying v7.2 and you have a 'MS72sntx.dta' file in the same folder, I'd have thought it'd have worked. I copied that pair of files to a completely different drive (without MS installed) and it still worked. I tried it with v9.1 and 9.2. I can't think of anything else. :(
jakethedog  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2006 7:45:21 AM(UTC)
jakethedog

Thanks for your help. I will keep working on it.
jakethedog  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:17:59 AM(UTC)
jakethedog

I found the answer. I deleted EqNotify.dll 9.0 from the system32 folder, then reinstalled MS7.2. Organizer function now working well. It is amazing what you will find on google if you keep looking!!
StorkBite  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 13, 2006 8:23:23 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

That's great Jake! Thanks for sharing it back here. I'm going to for sure add it to the list of obscure, but important facts. :D