logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andreal  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2006 1:53:15 PM(UTC)
Andreal

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I've created my own indicator, it's simple. Then, when I try to create another indicator, which has a link to the first one (fml("ao")), Metastock sends me message "More than one name in the indicator builder contains". I haven't found any discription of this error in program manuals. What's this? FML doesn't work with ANY my indicators, although they contain no mistakes. Please, help.
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 6, 2006 9:17:59 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey andre.... sometimes the messages can be missleading... if you study on it a while you'll see we can create far more errors than meta could ever write messages for.... so at times it chooses the one that best applies.... such is the case here..... make sure your indicator name as listed in the indicator list is "ao" and exactly "ao".... meta is referencing to all the indicators starting with the letter "a" in your case which are more than one..... its having trouble with the second letter.....holler back and perhaps included a line of code for us to look at if the name is not the issue.... h
Andreal  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2006 7:40:13 AM(UTC)
Andreal

I'm sure, that I've written the right name. More than that, I've inserted it using buttun "Functions..." and choosing the one from the list of known indicators! The effect is always the same... AO Mov((H+L)/2,5,S)-Mov((H+L)/2,34,S) MyIndicator (for example) Fml ("AO") After "OK" meta sends error message and puts cursor before "AO".
hayseed  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 7, 2006 12:26:07 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey andre.... now thats interesting... using the function list should rule out errors of most any kind.... i created the indicator, an explorer, expert and system using your formula and fml name.... everything works fine here.... can you apply your indicators to charts...... still studying on it......h ao
Mov((H+L)/2,5,S)-Mov((H+L)/2,34,S)
ao ref>
pds:= Input("pds",1,50,1); Fml("ao")>Ref(Fml("ao"),-pds) ------------------------------- ao < ref
pds:= Input("pds",1,50,1); Fml("ao")<Ref(Fml("ao"),-pds)
Exploration ---------------------------------------------------------------- Col A: bullish Fml("ao")>Ref(Fml("ao"),-1) Col B: bearish Fml("ao")<Ref(Fml("ao"),-1) --------------------------------------------------------------- Filter enabled Yes Periodicity Daily Records required 4000
ao
{ao with inputs} sma:= Input("slow periods",3,200,34); fma:=Input("fast periods",2,199,5); Mov((H+L)/2,fma,S)-Mov((H+L)/2,sma,S) ao expert trends bullish
Fml("ao")>Ref(Fml("ao"),-1)
bearish
Fml("ao")<Ref(Fml("ao"),-1) ---------------------------