logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StorkBite  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:08:44 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I'm getting this error when I first load a chart. When I respond OK, things seem to work ok. I have tried different securities and different templates. It seems like it only happens on the first security I open after I start MS. Subsequent securities will not produce the error. Any ideas? I've already cleared all of the temp files and my dataondemand cache.
Jose  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:40:46 AM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
G, which error message are you getting?
hayseed  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2005 1:42:56 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

he g..... have you tried loading that chart which gives you this message second..... thereby avoiding that message in the first place..... hehe he hehe.... there are several error messages i often get on intial start up of meta and then some appear only after i first attempt to open a chart..... the reasons are varying as are the messages ...... need more this info please......h
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2005 6:52:47 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
LOL! Sorry... didn't mean to be cryptic... I put the error message in the subject line. Forgive me, it was 3 a.m. The message is "Invalid price data request." Really, it's probably not of any consequence whatsoever, but I thought I'd ask just in case I was overlooking something obvious. I cannot reliably reproduce the error. It mostly appears when I load a layout immediately after starting MS. If I close and subsequently reload the exact same layout then things are fine. The dialog box gives me 2 options when the message appears: 1) Retry and 2) Cancel. If I select Retry a million times nothing will happen, but if I select Cancel then the chart continues to load correctly. It's just an annoyance.
Jose  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:45:18 PM(UTC)
Jose

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
G, try deleting/rebuilding/saving the offending chart template - often this helps to get rid of any MS problems. Also do a search for ~*.* files after closing MetaStock. Delete those and any MSSmart.* files before starting MS again. jose '-)