logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KevinAker  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2005 6:57:17 PM(UTC)
KevinAker

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

I just received my PowerPivots Plus add-on for my MetaStock software. I was reading through its manual and was redirected to a website www.marketangel.com/PowerPivots for more information. When I tried going there, the website was down. Does anyone know if the site will be operational again, or where I can find more info about how pivots are used? I appreciate everyone's input. Happy Trading! Kevin
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2005 7:22:07 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey kevin... marketangel has been off air for most if not all this year..... i've search high and low for any type forwarding info to no avail..... more than likely , henry here on the forum knows more about powerp and its uses than anyone......h
KevinAker  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2005 11:12:16 PM(UTC)
KevinAker

Thanks for the update Hayseed. So now I direct my question to Henry. Where can I find information about PowerPivots Plus, and pivot points in general. I'm new to trading, and want to use pivot points for buying options. Which format from the add-on would be the best one to use for this? I want to learn as much as I can about pivot points. Where can I find the information? Thanks! Happy Trading! Kevin
henry1224  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2005 1:48:22 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Kevin, what questions do you have about this add-on? Have you checked out the formulas on this forum? Lets start with the formation of a pivot bar 2= high and low, bar1= high is higher than bar2 bar0= high is lower than bar1 the reverse for troughs it take at least 3 bars to form a pivot PowerPivots takes these minor pivots and builds on them, as the market unfolds, it ranks their strength, minor, intermediate, major, primary. Powerpivots + also takes these pivots into the next time frame and creates trend direction: If the minor pivot is greater than it's previous value then the trend is up, if the pivot is less than the previous value, then the trend is down. you can create time capsules, multi time frame indicators, Don't get hung up using the PowerPivots indicator or try to use trend direction as a signal by itself. Syseval is a great function to use as a latch for creating systems
konrad  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2005 2:52:43 AM(UTC)
konrad

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

what happen with marketangels.com... this web page is out of air? #-o I can't never visit web site and study those indicator that is located on the web site... I found this web site on Poverpivot add-onn konrad
henry1224  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2005 1:40:05 PM(UTC)
henry1224

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
KevinAker  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:31:29 PM(UTC)
KevinAker

I appreciate your input Henry. I have never used pivot points before, and plan on trying them out for buying short-term option calls. I will look through the Yahoo group to see what they have to say. I guess I'll just need to invest some time to understand the pivot points and see how I can incorporate them in my trading system. My weakness is stop-losses, so that's what I'd like to use the PowerPoint Plus addon for. Any additional information would be gratefully accepted. Happy Trading!
Lim  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2005 3:04:35 PM(UTC)
Lim

I am also interested in Power Pivots Plus plugin. Is it useful for intra day trading? How about the other plugin? Which one is the best?
guara_riua  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 4:37:19 PM(UTC)
guara_riua

I had the chance to attend to a PP+ webinar organized at the initiative of the PP+ yahoo forum (Yahoo PowerPivots group). The author of the plug-in has taken off this web site beeing convinced it was not used by enough traders. He also mentioned that if there will be enough requests, he will re-activate it again. Patrick/g_stckman please organize a voting poll, if possible, in order to provide some data about how many traders are interested to use this web site. Regards Guara
Patrick  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 4:50:23 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
.... I might sound rude (I don''t mean to), but I don't know anyhting about that website ... Understand where I'm coming from ...
Quote:
The author of the plug-in has taken off this web site beeing convinced it was not used by enough traders.
Does that mean he did not make enough money out of it? And gave up ... Henry (And others who have seen it) what did you think of it when it was active? Was it a useful site? Either way we can create a poll on the chit chat section if you want but people do not like polls it seems :D Patrick :mrgreen:
guara_riua  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 4:58:07 PM(UTC)
guara_riua

Patrick About 1 1/2 years ago when I 1st bought this plug-in, the web site was loaded with very useful info. If I remember right, it had also a "Members" area with additional info. The author never promoted this site as a money maker tool, but more likely as an useful way to learn more about pivots and its plug-in. Any comments about this web site when it was active will be highly appreciated. Guara
Patrick  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 5:04:24 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks Guara :D I will set up a poll now then ... But you have to vote people orelse it's useless ... Patrick :mrgreen:
konrad  
#13 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2005 12:05:58 AM(UTC)
konrad

Hey Patrick, You have made a poll about Power pivot web site www.marketangel.com still this web site dont work... what is the status of this web site? Will this web site exist? or that waste of time checking .... :?
Marilyn  
#14 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2005 2:29:37 AM(UTC)
Marilyn

konrad... we don't know who marketangel is... In fact I did a WhoIs search on the domain and this is who owns it: MarketAngel Technologies, Inc. Sandon Racowsky I don't know who that is, what they are doing, or if it is even a trading related company. For what its worth... M
wabbit  
#15 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2005 12:56:08 PM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Why not give the site registered contact a phone call/email: See http://whois.mtgsy.net/?ff=http://www.marketangel.com/
vaughn  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 20, 2005 9:43:37 PM(UTC)
vaughn

Sandon is the {one of the} author(s) of Power pivots. He did a webanar a while back. One of the things he was asked about MarketAngel.com. One of the things he said was
Quote:
21:10:23 {Sandon_Racowsky} seriously....the only reason I took it down was because I just didn't think anyone ever used it....but if there are serious users....then I'll be serious about it as well
I'm not sure if he was going to bring it back or not.
guara_riua  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2005 2:06:04 AM(UTC)
guara_riua

According to the Poll results doesn't seem there are many missing the former PP+ web site. I didn't expect this so low number (13 votes only). I am assuming there are not so many traders using the PP+ plug-in. I will contact Sandon to see if he is still committed to revive it. I will let the forum know his decision. Guara
Marilyn  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2005 2:15:28 AM(UTC)
Marilyn

Hey Guara... Tell him the more great trading sites out there... the better for everyone! M
Derek Worswick  
#19 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 3:49:41 AM(UTC)
Derek Worswick

Lim wrote:
I am also interested in Power Pivots Plus plugin. Is it useful for intra day trading? How about the other plugin? Which one is the best?
Derek Worswick  
#20 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 4:04:20 AM(UTC)
Derek Worswick

Hi,

I wish to draw a Standard Error Channel starting at a PowerPivots Pivot Dates

Could you tell me how to get PowerPivots?

To give the dates of say PowerPivots Major Pivot Dates

Major Pivot Day : = ???

Major Pivot Month : = ???

Major Pivot Year : = ???

==================================

M:= ExtFml("PowerPivots.Pivots");

If(M=2 OR M=-2,M,0);

If(M=3 OR M=-3,M,0);

If(M=4 OR M=-4,M,0);

{ <M> Major HI Pivots }

{ExtFml("PowerPivots.Pivots")=3;}

=====================================