logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
taree  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2005 6:54:43 AM(UTC)
taree

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hi guys and girls, I have a little but annoying problem. There was a post on this before, but without solution. I get an error #1101 Opening price outside High/Low range on SGB after testing it with downloader. I tested it because my data on SGB only goes up till 15/9/05. I can not find the particular date the error is on. Downloader won't even tell me. Meantime I can successfully download data to SGB, but it does not appear in the SGB file (not on my charts). What do I need to do to solve this problem? :| Thanks heaps, Taree
hayseed  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2005 2:37:07 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey taree.... check and see if those that have error 1101 might not have traded in the last 30 or so days.... seems like steveb had noticed there is a slight definition difference in some of the error messages.... the help files might say 'open outside high low and the manual might say 'ain't nobody buying it'...... i don't see that error you mention when testing mine but many other of the bank type securitys do have it.... they have very low volume.... if thats the case, i know the solution..... lets talk marilyn to buying it every couple weeks.....h
DOC  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2005 3:16:35 PM(UTC)
DOC

Taree, the error 1101 is a message that the last day of data is older than 31 days ago. In The Downloader go to tools test and select the options button this lists all the error messages for items tested. I would check to see if this security is still trading. You may want to delete it and recreate and collect the data for it. That would be the easy solution, if it is still trading. Regards Doc
taree  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2005 1:03:59 PM(UTC)
taree

I am still having the same problem. I tried to re-import data, no luck. All files that do not have the current date give me the 1101 error. These files are all trading currently - no splits, no merger, no demerger, no name change etc. No matter what I try I can not seem to get the data into the file. Other file sare fine. For example AMP is fine and imports fine, but LHG only has data till 19/5 as does most others, but then PMN has data till 7/10. I don't have historical data and updating the data takes ages. I am at a loss. ANything I can do? PS I use the convert option of the downloader as I download data from Cooltrader and am running Metastock 9.0 Pro on WIndows XP Home Edition. Pleeeeaaassseee help.
StorkBite  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2005 1:39:44 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
All of these files have contiguous data... no big gaps anywhere along the way? Maybe you can recreate the data a little bit at a time and see when the error occurs. It's strange that for some symbols you have no errors and for others you do. Is all of your data in the same format? What format are you using before converting? Give an example, maybe that holds some clues.
taree  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2005 1:54:53 PM(UTC)
taree

When I look at the report of the conversion I cannot see the files from for example NAB, LHG, NCM listed. It looks like it has skipped those. However if I then go to the original file and delete most of the data leaving a few stocks intact (like the ones above) conversion report neatly displays those files as imported without errors. In Metastock however if I open a chart (I use smart charts) there is no data displayed for the date I have just imported on those stocks. The conversion is from ASCII to Metastock however the files are normal text files with stock code then all the prices stated on the same line seperated by spaces and the volume at the end of the line.
taree  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2005 1:57:39 PM(UTC)
taree

Could there be an error in Metastock with updating Smart Charts? Could it be that the data is there, but that Metastock just doesn't display this in my smart charts? Is there a way of testing this? Thanks
taree  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2005 2:06:09 PM(UTC)
taree

In the past I have overwritten existing smart charts because Metastock refuses to open charts in the Default template. So I selected apply template and upon closing I then get asked if I want to save the chart. I then save the smart chart overwriting the older one. Could there be the problem? I doubt it.
DOC  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2005 6:14:30 PM(UTC)
DOC

Taree, the error 1101 measn some thing different for testing and importing. The error I reported was for testing, 1101 the last day of data is older than 31 days ago. The 1101 error is in reference to importing and is an issue with the file you are importing from. I appears there may be some thing wrong with the file that you are trying to import from. If you attach the file we can look at it to see what is wrong, I would highly suggest you make the file comma delimited. Then try that. Regards Doc
StorkBite  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2005 9:04:32 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Thanks, Doc. That's what I was thinking... if I could see a sample of the data before conversion. If nothing else, list the symbols and I will get the data started for you, but that won't solve your problem of converting the data yourself... that's my goal... to help you figure out how to do it on your own.
StorkBite  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 6, 2005 9:09:52 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Is your source Cooltrader.net? It looks like it comes in a MS compatible format already. I don't want to sign up for anymore 'free' data to find out... I get enough spam. You might want to check out the MS FAQ under the data & downloader sections for more on formatting.
taree  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2005 12:11:04 AM(UTC)
taree

Thanks for all your help guys. The file is actually comma delimited not space delimited as I said before. The error only appears if I test particular codes. IT does not appear on import. On import I don't see those files. However if I import the data of these codes seperately by eliminating the other codes they do appear in the report as successful. I've attached one of the files. Taree
StorkBite  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2005 12:38:35 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Make sure your format adheres to this template: <ticker>,<period>,<date>,<open>,<high>,<low>,<close>,<vol>,<oi> For example: AAC,D,20051111,1.775,1.785,1.75,1.75,161116,0
taree  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2005 12:08:33 PM(UTC)
taree

Are you sure it needs to have the periodicity? As you can see from the attachement the data is the same except for the period. It does not explain why some codes do import correctly.
StorkBite  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2005 7:56:59 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

No, I'm not sure about what MS will let you get away with, but the example you sent doesn't include the period or the OI. It is very easy just to add them and see if it'll work. I'm at a disadvantage since I'm away from MS for a few days and cannot test it myself. Sorry, just trying to stumble upon the answer. However, the template above is the one that I follow and it has always worked for me.
taree  
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2005 12:23:55 AM(UTC)
taree

No luck. Does the same thing: imports fine according to report, but still does not show up in the file. Last date is still 15/9.
StorkBite  
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2005 4:40:37 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

I'm going to look at this closer. Just give me a day or so.