logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
henry1224  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 9, 2005 4:13:48 AM(UTC)
henry1224

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
To the members of this forum, I am truly sorry for trying to get you to try this product! After years of creating formulas and experts with this product, I will no longer post any code of any kind. I have found the error in Mr Guara Riua's testing methods of this product and before I leave you though I ask Mr. Guara Riua to try one more test! Create the data set but this time when you create the security in the downloader,PLEASE SET THE START TIME TO 12:00 am and THE END TIME to 11:59 PM, Using 1 min bars set the trend Direction settings to 1 , 2 and apply My expert 3 % Envelope w Trend Direction THE ERROR IS IN YOUR DATA SET, METASTOCK SET YOUR START TIME FOR 9 :00 AM AND YOUR END TIME FOR 4:00PM and NOT IN POWERPIVOTS PLUS and then add this finding to the your report . As for Mr. Silva, Please tell the members of your experiance with this product and what makes you an expert to it's external functions?YOU DON'T EVEN OWN IT ! DO YOU? Henry Z Kaczmarczyk
Keltner  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 9, 2005 5:48:14 AM(UTC)
Keltner

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Do not stop Henry you have made me more money than with some of your formulas than I can shake a stick at. That trend line code alone is top notch. I have played FST three times off a Major trend line bouce just in that last two weeks.
Keltner  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 9, 2005 7:47:11 PM(UTC)
Keltner

I read guara_riua posts on that site and I do not see them problem with changing a pivot. Did the MKT not change? Look support is a upward movement in price. Defined by a buy stop growing in strength. Much like the wind. A Pivot will never be "erased" unless the data set changes. It can though change from a minor pivot to a major pivot as we move away from the minor pivot. Why do you need to know how many bars it takes or how long to change? Why not do this buy above the pivot as it fails. If a pivot fails we have a trend in your direction. Buy as the 5 min chart fails buy as the 15 min chart fails buy as the 30 min pivot fails buy as the 60 min fails. Oh my gosh I am long as support forms.... If you do not understand the formation of support or how it grows you should not trade. The only time you need set pivots is for back testing and back testing does not work. unless you replay the MKT The reason it does not work is that you can not look at a sub one day bar. To back test you need to find a daily pattern and test the entry intra day. Just ot recap. Support is like the wind growing from one mile an hour to 100 miles an hour. ".... The wind will make me wise..." Sare teasdale One more thing. This topic has dogged me for years. So I am going to give a webnair on the topic. Thanks Jeff "Keltner" Crystal
guara_riua  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2005 6:55:06 AM(UTC)
guara_riua

Dear Henry/Keltner I understand the ways the PP+ DYNAMICALLY forms and updates the pivots backward in time, and I have no issues with this matter. I consider it a normal way to categorize the Pivots. Regarding the data set and Date/Time format I used a 24 hr format that can be checked looking into the CSV file. I have to congratulate Henry for the nice catch thou: all the "Median Price 4x" discontinuities happen between 12:44 AM and 1:34 AM. I've checked approx. half of the chart size to find this. However, this is not a Data Set problem. I have noticed that the Downloader have a bug in translating XLS file to MS format: sometimes it does quite stupid things like translating 12:47:00 AM into 12:46:59 AM, so the time for 3 consecutive bars may show up as 12:45:00 AM -> 12:45:59 AM -> 12:47:00 AM. I am using always 24 hrs. format for MS because I am a Forex trader. However, it doesn't look that this is the real cause for the way the MP 4x discontinuties are happening. For what it's worth, the MS itself is showing bars with "Unusual Time Change" values. I have received this type of warnings several times a week (I am using QC as data provider). My best guess is that if the TDataCreate/TDataLocalize does not have an algorithm functional flaw, then must be a Date/Time calendar flaw. Any way the function doesn't looks to work correctly to me (See the picture in the document I've posted). However, for non Forex traders, that particular early morning time frame shouldn't pose any threat to their trading systems or functions bacause is out of the open market time. Or, alternatively, if anyone wants to use the function, then don't trade in that time window. Again, I am ASSUMING that this is the only bug that affects this particualr function. I hope I didn't offended anybody with my comments. Guara