logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hayseed  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2005 12:37:36 PM(UTC)
hayseed

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

hey konrad.... its one of those things that almost has to be seen..... if you know someone that has a laptop have them come over and hook your monitor to it.... on the back of the laptop should be the proper output connector.... once its hooked up, start meta but don't maximize the screen.... click and hold on the right side of meta pane and drag to the right.... it will stretch onto the 2nd monitor.... nothing pulled up in meta, whether its a chart, layout or web page can be pulled outside the boundries of the metastock program..... actually its possible, but don't.... just trust me....... i'll post someting much better later.....h
konrad  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2005 3:24:04 AM(UTC)
konrad

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Hayseed or other members
Quote:
hey konrad.... its one of those things that almost has to be seen..... if you know someone that has a laptop have them come over and hook your monitor to it.... on the back of the laptop should be the proper output connector....
what is the name of output connector ? today I look at store but I dont know about laptop... I should ask a sale person about this connection... but I dont know what to say them? I would like to know name so they will know what I am talking about... Thanks Ps: I think about buying new laptop
StorkBite  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2005 3:29:54 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)
What does the video plug on your monitor look like? How many pins, etc.... On the back of the monitor there are 2 plugs. One goes to the electrical socket in the wall. The other one goes to your computer. If you look at the end of the plug that goes into the computer, you will see a bunch of little connectors that look like tiny little fingers... these are pins. How many are on your plug? These are some possible choices you have... scart, s-video, tv-out, dvi, vga, and vesa. In the US, my guess is that the mainstream monitors are vga or dvi. The vga monitors have 15 pin connectors in a D shaped configuration, while dvi connectors are almost square and have nearly double the number of pins.
StorkBite  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2005 3:58:23 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

gateway monitor and 15 pins on Laptop ... but I can't connect them... when I connect connection is ok no problem with plug in ... but it show a black screen and nothing come up.... ? what I can do? and should do?[/quote wrote:
These are 'vga' connectors. That's what you should ask your salesman about. Have you tried to plug the monitor into another computer? Do you still get a black screen then? When was the last time you had it working? Is it configured to use a US power supply of 110 volts
konrad  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2005 4:03:14 AM(UTC)
konrad

I am trying right now to plug the monitor Gateway 17" to Laptop and it show block screen yes, it configured to US 110 volts when I plug 17" flat panel gateway monitor to other computer it work very good just dont work at laptop...My laptop dont ever recognize this monitor. but my VGA card is not broke I check it at Device manager and I dont find anything wrong... what other factor should I check to get it done?
konrad  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2005 4:24:50 AM(UTC)
konrad

I am going to take some picture about my connection with laptop and monitor....so it will be more easy to see what is the problem with connection...
StorkBite  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2005 6:17:56 AM(UTC)
StorkBite

Try this, it works on my desktop XP: 1. Right-click My Computer and select PROPERTIES | HARDWARE | DEVICE MANAGER Are there any yellow exclamation marks shown? If so, you'll need to uninstall these drivers and reboot 2. Plug in the monitor 3. Right-click My Computer and select PROPERTIES | HARDWARE | ADD NEW HARDWARE Let the computer search on its own [recommended] 4. Right-click the desktop and select PROPERTIES | SETTINGS | DISPLAY 5. Select your external monitor note: if you do not see multiple monitors listed, your video card may not support dual monitors 6. The numbers 1 and 2 indicate primary and secondary display. Display 2 is initially on the right side of Display 1 7. Right-click on Display 2 and select ATTACHED 8. Select the EXTEND WINDOWS option. Click Apply. Check out this reference too: http://www.microsoft.com...rnmore/multimonitor.mspx
konrad  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2005 5:52:58 PM(UTC)
konrad

ok here is what I do step 1. done, no excalamation marks shown 2. done 3. done 4. done 5. my video card support dual monitors 6. done 7. done 8. done I done all step on my friend pc and work very good, I will make the same step on my pc and see if work and let you know outcome! BTW, thanks
StorkBite  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2005 6:09:49 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

BTW, you're welcome! :wink: Let me know...
konrad  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2005 4:33:09 AM(UTC)
konrad

Quote:
hey konrad.... its one of those things that almost has to be seen..... if you know someone that has a laptop have them come over and hook your monitor to it.... on the back of the laptop should be the proper output connector.... once its hooked up, start meta but don't maximize the screen.... click and hold on the right side of meta pane and drag to the right.... it will stretch onto the 2nd monitor.... nothing pulled up in meta, whether its a chart, layout or web page can be pulled outside the boundries of the metastock program..... actually its possible, but don't.... just trust me....... i'll post someting much better later.....h
Ok I click and hold and move to 2nd monitor... so I have Metastock only on one Monitor, nothing pulled up in Meta? what that mean? whether its a chart, layout or web page can be pulled outside the boundrie of MS program? acctually its possible? How about if I can move only to one monitor... how to move let say Metastock on one monitor and template on second monitor or other things on second monitor? Thank you
konrad  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2005 4:35:17 AM(UTC)
konrad

my graphic card work good now... I have KDS 19" flat panel on IBM pc I have Gateway17" flat panel and KDS 17" flat panel on Gateway PC that is connect to VGA and DVI card... and I want to add one more monitor IBM 15" flat panel to new video card how to connect what should I buy ?
hayseed  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2005 11:42:00 AM(UTC)
hayseed

hey konrad.... 'pulled up' is a term used in a prior era , as patrick would say.... should have said 'opened' to be generationaly correct...... nothing pulled up in meta, whether its a chart, layout or web page can be pulled outside the boundries of the metastock program..... actually its possible, but don't.... just trust me....... ..... click on any chart in meta and try to drag it out..... the meta fences keeps all those little bully charts inside...... click on the extreme right side of meta, hold down and drag to the right.... it should stretch onto your second monitor..... to add a 3rd monitor you'll need another output.... some cards come with 2.... the connectors are often blue, but once you've seen one you've seen'em all.... at this rate you might ought to be looking into a bigger desk.......h
konrad  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:16:59 PM(UTC)
konrad

[quote=special card" I can't find in any local store... 3. what about if I want to add few more monitor in future... what should I do? I don't have slot on my Gateway pc to add any graphic card... only one slot is provide...? I extended Metastock into 2 monitors and look pretty nice 24"in on graph... =D> BTW: Two piece of wood, few nails.... and a desk is ready :) Thank you :)
konrad  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:06:54 PM(UTC)
konrad

Hayseed wrote: [quote= WXGA Widescreen (1280x768) 1.0GB DDR SDRAM (2x512MB) 40 GB 4200 RPM Hard Drive 8X DVD Drive Integrated 56K Modem + 10/100 Ethernet LAN Extra 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 900 - Pentium - and here is the problem, this graphic card don't contain output connector... :x Is that laptop worth this price? and how you connect output connector in your laptop Thank you
hayseed  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2005 6:11:05 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey konrad.... some cards will have 2 outputs and some will have only one..... speakin of one, remember there is only one konrad and also there is a point of diminishing returns in all markets, that includes monitors and graphic cards..... as mentioned before, multiple monitors has in no way improved my trading...... h
konrad  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2005 6:20:35 PM(UTC)
konrad

thanks hayseed