logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jstaron  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2005 4:29:42 PM(UTC)
jstaron

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi, I can't keep text on some of my charts. It disappears as soon as I hit enter, but is ok on some other charts. Please advise. Thanks, Joe
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2005 2:16:51 AM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The problem usually appears when you have a few indicators/trend lines on your chart. What I believe happens is the text gets attached to an indicator ( symbol, trend line, whatever could be on your chart) rather than the main plot. Actually I'm sure that if you zoom in and out of the chart where you lost your text you will find it hiding somewhere at the top or bottom. My suggestion would be to type your text away from any indicator/trend lines or price bar.
Patrick  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2005 4:16:06 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Why does text I add to my chart disappear? If you plotted any of your indicators with the Overlay without scale option selected and typed your text near that indicator, your text will not be attached to a scale and will not be seen on your chart. When you type your text in a chart, it takes the nearest objects scaling. So make sure that where you start typing is near an object that has a fixed scale, such as the prices. You can then drag the text box to the desired location