logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
twmj  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 5, 2004 1:34:34 PM(UTC)
twmj

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hello! I try to input an interesting formula to Metastock 7.21. I found out there are some tricks required. Have a look at the code and comment if it is equivalent to the EasyStation code below: {John Ehlers instant trendline} Pr:=(HIGH+LOW)/2; alpha:=0.07; Itrend:=0; Trigger:=0; Itrend := If(Cum(1)<7,(pr+2*Ref(pr,-1)+Ref(pr,-2))/4,((alpha-alpha*alpha/4)*Pr+0.5*alpha*alpha*Ref(Pr,-1)-(alpha-0.75*alpha*alpha)*Ref(Pr,-2)+2*(1-alpha)*PREV-(1-alpha)*(1-alpha)*Ref(PREV,-1))); Trigger := 2*Itrend - Ref(ITrend,-2); {plotting} Itrend; Trigger; {code ends here} The most important is the long Itrend line . There is different formula for first 7 bars, and different for subsequent bars. When I used ref(itrend,-1) instead of prev and ref(itrend,-2) instead of (prev,-1), the indicator plotted wrong. The original code in EasyStation from Ehlers' book there is as follows: Inputs: Price((H+L)/2), alpha(.07); Vars: Smooth(0), ITrend(0), Trigger(0); ITrend = (alpha - alpha*alpha/4)*Price + .5*alpha*alpha*Price[1] - (alpha- .75*alpha*alpha)*Price[2] + 2*(1 - alpha)*ITrend[1] - (1-alpha)*(1 - alpha)*Itrend[2]; If currentbar < 7 then ITrend = (Price + 2*Price[1] + Price[2]) / 4; Trigger = 2*Itrend - ITrend[2]; Plot1(Itrend, “ITrend”); Plot2(Trigger, “Trig”); Please comment, how would you convert this code. I am not sure if I got it right :( Best regards, Tom
Patrick  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 24, 2004 4:45:58 PM(UTC)
Patrick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Tom, I'm so sorry, I remember looking at your formula, testing it out to make sure everything was fine. But when I found out it was ok, I completely forgot to reply :oops: Everything seems good, I only had concerns with the prev function but it is fine.
twmj  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2004 9:31:45 AM(UTC)
twmj

Thanks Patrick! Good to know - I found the new function to work better that previous Ehlers formulas. Best regards, Tom