logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cody  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:34:59 PM(UTC)
Cody

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi All,

I have a query relating to the standard Metastock Experts that come pre packaged. I have had metastock for a few years now and never seen this happen before.

A friend had accidently deleted their Equis Candlestick Expert so without even checking I used the organiser to save my copy and sent it to them. The feedback was that the indicator was not giving the candlestick descriptions any more.

So I went into the Expert using edit only to find that while the displayed name said "Equis Candlesticks" the name in the edit said something completely different "Gil Raff - MarketSpace Timing System"

I had to go into "BM Monetary Overview" to find the actual "Equis candlesticks" expert. It turns out all my experts are not displaying the correct Expert according to the name.

Any help to get this back to normal would be appreciated. Thanks

Justin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 2:50:09 PM(UTC)
Justin

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Unverified Users

There is an index file that keeps track of what is in your "Experts" folder. The file will be:

MSXXEXPT.DTA, where XX is the version of MetaStock. You basically have to close MetaStock, delete ALL occurrences of this file (There may be multiples in C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock and C:\Program Files\Equis\MetaStock\Backup, including previous versions of MetaStock) and then re-open MetaStock and open the Expert Advisor (Tools-->Expert Advisor). You should get an error message asking if you want to create a new file - choose Yes.
Cody  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2009 6:47:22 PM(UTC)
Cody

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Thank you

Greatly Appreciated