logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
slipperx  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2007 11:49:47 PM(UTC)
slipperx

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers

Hi

I am using Metastock Pro version 9.1 and find that if I select an indicator - say a moving average - by right mouse click and then select Properties and try to change the color of the indicator, the color reverts back to the original color. It is impossible to change it although the other colors are there and can be picked - as soon as you pick the color it reverts back to the color you started with. Anyone else have this problem or have a solution? I am using Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2.

slipperx

PTJim  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2007 4:52:30 PM(UTC)
PTJim

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I've been having exactly the same problem with MS9.1EOD and WinXPSP2, and posted the question a few weeks ago with no answers.

Been thinking it may be related to attached experts or maybe the template applied. Wish we could get it figured out, though.

In some cases, I've been able to change the color by clicking on the indicator (not right clicking, just select it to "light it up"), then using the color-selection pallette box at the bottom of the screen. Crude, and hard to select a specific color, but sometimes works.

hayseed  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:16:30 PM(UTC)
hayseed

hey slipperx and jim.... i noticed your question earler jim but didn't have a answer.... primarily due to might right click function being disabled..... when you have v10 pro and a prior version on the same machine using right click shuts down meta completely.....

esignals version 'v 10.1' came out today so that discomfort should now be history.....

you should be able to double click on anything and change the color.... whether or not a template or expert is attached..... as soon as the color is selected the 'apply' button becomes active..... at that point you could select apply and the color should change but the color pallette stay in view.... if you selected 'ok' , the color should change and the color pallete disappears.....

that will not permanently change the colors saved in the template.... later when reapplying a template the orignal colors will be seen.... to change them the template must be resaved......

i had thought about your prior question, but really didn't have an answer..... h

slipperx  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2007 12:05:53 AM(UTC)
slipperx

Hi Hayseed & PT Jim
Thanks for replying to my post. I agree that you 'should' be able to change the indicator color by right clicking and selecting and applying a new color from the selection palette and then choosing Apply. The Apply button is active so you can choose a color and then click Apply but the problem is doing that does not actually change the color to the color selected. It is not a problem with applied experts or the like as I tried on a virgin chart but the result was the same. I am glad someone else is having the problem. I contacted Equis who told me to try running the programme in Windows 2000 compatibility mode (though I don't see why MS 9.1 should require that - anyway as expected that didn't work either. I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem and whether it is a bug affecting everyone. Yes I can also change it using the pallete at the bottom of the window without double clicking the indicator but it is a pain.
Maybe an Equis support person might give us an answer.
Slipperx