logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StorkBite  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2006 9:21:07 PM(UTC)
StorkBite

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Why do I need to insert my CD for verification after my initial installation?

This is a generic message that asks to insert the MetaStock Professional CD, even if you have the End-of Day version installed. There is a verification key on all the MetaStock program CD's not just MetaStock Professional. Approximately 90 days after installation you will be asked to insert the CD, so it can verify itself.

Note: It is not necessary to completely install MetaStock again. Just insert the CD, holding down the shift key to temporarily disable the Auto-run feature in Windows, as you close the CD-ROM tray, and then click OK. MetaStock should start normally, if the verification process is completed. However, there is a problem with the 8.0 EOD CDs (8.01 does not have this problem), in which it not reading the CD properly to perform this check.

Click the Lost CD button and send an email to support@Equis.com or call Support, with the certificate key provided. We will give you a number to enter that will permanently unlock the program.

When you click on the Lost CD button, there is a number displayed at the top of that dialog (I.e. 1A1-AA-111). This is the number that we need to calculate the verification key that you will enter into the same dialog, once we send it to you.

If you cannot conveniently locate the CD before your 7 days are up or if there is a problem trying the above steps, when this question appears, select the option that you lost the CD and you will receive a certificate number. Contact Support with your customer number or name and address as it would be listed in our database along with this certificate number and we can use this information to calculate a verification number and send it to you. You must be a registered customer to receive this information. If you purchased the software from one of our resellers, contact them and have them forward your certificate key to us to receive your verification key. Contact our sales department for registration information.