logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jose  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2007 3:53:54 AM(UTC)
Jose

Groups: Registered, Registered Users

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Not only is Copyright infringement illegal, but it kills the free exchange of ideas within our community. No one in their right mind will post a genuine idea if it is destined to be stolen and marketed by a commercial operation, and this is not good for the MetaStock community at large. Mr Roy Larsen, please desist immediately with your continuing Copyright infringement of my unique MetaStock code. Having had no fresh ideas of your own since 2000 does not necessarily give you the right to steal other's intellectual property for commercial gain. Mr Larsen, this is my last warning to you. Please cease your blatant copyright infringement activities immediately - you owe this to the MetaStock community that supports your income. Mr Larsen, you may continue to use my unique Calendar-based reference indicators by appropriately including the complete code and copyright header. You may also continue to use my snippets of code within your TE formulae without giving credit to its source. However, if you persist with your blatant copyright violation(s), I will be forced to take legal action against you and your associates. Jose Silva
wabbit  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:17:21 AM(UTC)
wabbit

Groups: Registered, Registered Users, Subscribers, Unverified Users

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Equis International Online Community Rules wrote:

No copyrighted or trademarked material allowed

You cannot post copyrighted or registered content without permission from the author or owner. The content of any post is solely the responsibility of the submitting member, even if that member is an EIOC Administrator or Moderator. Equis International makes no claim of authorship or copyright ownership with respect to any available content, unless clearly and explicitly stated other. However, by submitting content to the EIOC, and regardless of claims to copyright ownership, the submitting member expressly licenses Equis International and any person visiting the EIOC to use the submitted content. The submitting member agrees to indemnify Equis International of responsibility for any breach of copyright and accepts sole responsibility for any legal action or claims arising from content submitted to the EIOC.

In other words, if you have written the Holy Grail of technical analysis and decide to share it with other EIOC members, by doing so, you agree to let Equis International maintain the content on the EIOC and allow EIOC members to reference and/or copy such submissions.

Jose,

This is your last warning. The EIOC Forum is not a venue for such accusations, legitimate or otherwise. Should you wish to maintain your membership of the EIOC Forum, you shall adhere to the golden rule of the Forum:

Equis International Online Community Rules wrote:
The idea is to make this a pleasant environment in which to discuss Equis International products and services.

If you have an issue with other persons using what you believe to be your code, please seek the appropriate legal advice or other representation and have the issue dealt with by them.

There are many other methods available to you to correspond with other parties that may or not be involved; this Forum is not the place for it. If you want to make a public display, please make posts on your own website and leave the EIOC Forum to be the happy place it once was. The Administrators and Moderators have a hard enough job already, trying to keep the Forum on track and all the members happy. This Forum has nearly 6500 members who for the most part adhere to the rules and do not want their pleasant EIOC experiences tarnished.

I asked nicely the first time; I am asking nicely again, play nice.

Some other members have had enough, so have I. There will be no more warnings.

wabbit [:D]